Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, May 29, 2014

EDITORIAL: Fleeing the nuttiness of Maryland

If trends move left it’s time to go

If Maryland veers farther left, it might one day fall into Deep Creek Lake, out where there’s room for an empty wasteland. Marylanders weary of do-good taxes and the notions and policies of the looney left have been packing up to leave. It’s good for the U-Haul business, but not for anyone else.

Alex X. Mooney, once a Maryland state senator, took his bags and furnishings to West Virginia, where last week he won the Republican nomination for that state’s open 2nd District congressional seat. Mr. Mooney was narrowly defeated for a fourth term in the Maryland Senate in 2010 after a lot of liberal Democratic voters were transferred to his district.

A new Gallup Poll asked a sampling of residents in each of the 50 states if they wanted to leave for more comfortable surroundings. Fully 47 percent of the Marylanders surveyed said they couldn’t wait to leave, making Maryland the third-most unpopular state, just behind Illinois and Connecticut, at 50 percent and 49 percent.

More

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes.. Maryland is, was, a wonderful state. People are leaving...not just saying they want to. The freeloaders in this state will be in serious trouble when all of the working people who are supporting them are gone... I for one, have my house for sale already. Delaware for a few years then retirement in a retirement friendly state. Sorry to go after 59 years here but I can take it no more.

Anonymous said...

O'Malley and his crew has run the great state into the ground. Now he thinks he is ready for President to finish off Obama's unfinished business, unless Hilary steps in!

Anonymous said...

Just waiting for that propitious moment and I'm gone too.

Anonymous said...

If I could sell my house right now, could get an offer for at least the assessment price of my home, I would leave with no regrets. When I finally reach the age of retirement, I definitely don't plan to live here. I will be heading to either North Carolina or Florida.

Anonymous said...

10:27 you are not alone I also plan to move out of Maryland Governor O"Dumbass and the wacko liberals of Maryland have made this State unaffordable and unbearable to live in.

Anonymous said...

I wish our local leaders would have the good sense and courage to tell the governor and his cohorts that we are NOT going to follow your failing policies, and we're not going to "join the church of the EPA". enough is enough...

Anonymous said...

Remember when Drudge said to have an exit plan? Perhaps he was talking to Marylanders lol

Anonymous said...

I'm ready to leave. Too many unwashed, uneducated, unwilling to work yet voting for empty promises that won't wash, educate or encourage them to work. I'm taking my $70,000 pension somewhere else.

Anonymous said...

Where does one get a $70,000 pension? Must have been a gov't employee.

Anonymous said...

Worked hard for every penny of it.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Just waiting for that propitious moment and I'm gone too.

May 29, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Whaat?

Anonymous said...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Worked hard for every penny of it.

May 29, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Not if you were a gov't employee