Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A Letter To The Editor: Adobe Flash Player Problems

To All,

I have had crash issues with Adobe Flash Player for a year or more as it crashes either while loading pages, or just when I click on a video to view.

To cure this, I erased the whole program, then downloaded the latest version, 13.0.0.214. Mistake.

Now, I get the same, or when a video plays, and now most times self plays, which I am totally against, I still can’t view the video because a popup is over the screen asking permission to allow or deny Mb space. Neither button works, and I can’t see the video.

Is anyone else getting this trouble? The adobe site takes no complaints, and is only concerned in its FAQ’s about your download quality, not use.

Am I alone, or are more of you having this problem? Has anyone found a solution?

8 comments:

KCSr said...

You may call me and I can help you.

Ken 443-736-3360

Anonymous said...

Buy a MacBook.

Anonymous said...

I was having that problem in explorer until i started using google as my browser.

Anonymous said...

I have had issues with Adobe Flash if I use IE or Mozilla Firefox. Once I switched to Google Chrome the issues went away and things seem to load faster.

Anonymous said...

Ditto. IE was the problem for me, too, and not just with Adobe products. A changeover to Chrome did the trick, along with a deep clean with CCleaner.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Joe, for posting this! I'm the one that wrote this, and have since found the problem no thanks to Adobe Shockwave. The problem with the window covering up the video was fixed in adobe settings and allowing anybody to put anything on my computer, which I did not like, but that did not stop the crashes. After further searching, I found that I also had Quicktime as a player as well, and so I went in and disabled Adobe flash player. Now, everything is working fine, and Adobe isn't raping my computer. Maybe Quicktime is, but, hey, my videos now play just fine!

Thanks again for posting this, as I'm sure I'm not alone with this problem!

GB

Anonymous said...

Don't use Internet Explorer. Use Google Chrome instead. Adobe flash is built-in to Chrome

Tech Guy said...

Download an antivirus, I recommend the free version of AVAST, and do a 'Boot Time Scan'. This will scan for virus' before the operating system start to have a better chance of catching any bad stuff.

I can't tell by the picture, but if this is Windows XP then I would HIGHLY recommend upgrading to Windows 7 or 8.1. XP no longer gets updates from Microsoft, and there was recently a very bad bug found in IE and Adobe Flash that was updated and fixed in newer versions of Windows.

When you download Adobe make sure you don't get the 'optional' McAfee software that they try and give you, also set it to automatically update so you will always have the latest bug fixes and security patches.

If you are on Windows Vista or later go to your Control Panel and open up Windows Updates. Set that to automatically download and install updates, and then do a manual check of updates. Install all of the recommended ones. You do not need the optional ones like the BING software. You may need to do this multiple times since some newer updates rely on older ones to work properly.