Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Yale student , 92 lbs., stuffed her face with Cheetos, ice cream to pacify school officials

NEW HAVEN - Frances Chan says she’s done stuffing her face with ice cream and Cheetos just to make Yale University happy. After months of wrangling, the university finally agrees.

The 20-year-old history major has spent the past few months sparring with Yale’s health center over her low weight. Chan is 5’2” and 92 lbs., and Yale doctors were concerned her health was severely at risk.

She contended that she’s always been very thin, as were her parents and grandparents at her age.

Yet until Friday, Yale had been telling Chan she might be forced to leave school if she didn’t put on some pounds.

“It felt really bad to be this powerless,” Chan said, taking in some afternoon sun in a campus courtyard. “I ate ice cream twice a day. I ate cookies. I used elevators instead of walking up stairs. But I don’t really gain any weight.”

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have at least 100 lbs I'll gladly give her.

Anonymous said...

Are school officials really that ignorant.
If she was anorexic that certainly isnt the way to properly treat it.
So who were they really concerned about? Doesnt appear they were truly concerned about her.

Anonymous said...

Discrimination!

I have an Asian friend who is 5' 2" and she weighs 96 lbs. She can out eat me any day and she is cute as a button, not anexoric!

This makes me sick. When you are only 5' 2" and small boned as many women of Asian descent are, you don't weight a lot.

Let's say this women were anexoric. Isn't it illegal to discriminate against people based on physical or mental disorders?

Sickening!