Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Research: Maryland City Ranks As One Of Most Obese in U.S.

WASHINGTON -- One Maryland city may need to cut out some calories after new research ranked it among the most obese cities in the United States.

Hagerstown, Md., ranked No. 3 on a list of most obese cities with an obesity rate of more than 36 percent.

The data, collected from January 2012 through December 2013, included Americans' self-reported height and weight to calculate Body Mass Index scores.

BMI scores of 30 or higher are considered obese.
More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't speak for anyone else,but when I sit around the house I sit AROUND the house.

Anonymous said...

whole food, plant based diet! Works every time!

Anonymous said...

Odd that H-town can be so fat yet Salisbury, in the same state, can be so lean and health-conscious

Anonymous said...

8:54 No way. The long term effects of a plant based diet is inconclusive. Everyone I know, who's vegan, looks like utter hell. These studies are whack, anyway. Going off of BMI is not a good way to judge this. My BMI is over 30, yet, I sit at 5.6% body fat, measured in a chamber. Yeah, I'm obese.

Anonymous said...

It is the metro area that includes Martinsburg. It is not accurate to say Hagerstown is the 3rd fattest.