Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, April 27, 2014

NEW RESTAURANT COMING TO DOWNTOWN SALISBURY

100 N. Divsion Street
SALISBURY, MD, APRIL 2014- Matthew Trader of Rinnier Development and Bret Davis of Keller Williams, recently executed a lease to bring a new restaurant to Downtown Salisbury. Echelon is a lounge, southern bistro that is slated to open in June 2014.

In addition to leasing the space to Echelon, Trader and Davis have also brokered a deal to sell the building. The property is currently under contract and is set to close this summer.

Chawan Mathews, owner of Echelon says, "I want to bring a relaxed, modern atmosphere to the growing area and be apart of the Downtown Salisbury community. I want to provide an environment where people want to come back".

Echelon will not only be serving great food on their menu, but will also feature live entertainment, such as jazz and comedy as well!

Trader commented, “It is so rewarding for me to have a hand in the resurgence of Downtown Salisbury. A lot of my constituents in the commercial real estate and professional community have put a lot of blood, sweat and tears in trying to bring our downtown back to the place our parents and grandparents once knew. I don’t feel I need to name names because there are too many and I think most know who I am referring to. For me to be just a small part of what is going on down here right now is truly one of the highlights of my career. 100 N. Division Street (former Money Center) is a building that I envisioned as a restaurant and bar for some time. I always felt that location was perfect for bridging the gap for patrons traveling from Mojos to all of the restaurants located on the Plaza and vice versa. Fortunately, I came across Bret Davis and Chawan Mathews because they are the ones who were able to bring that vision to life. I am really looking forward to the opening of Echelon and all of the new energy it is going to bring to the Downtown community.”

Rinnier Development Company owns, manages and/or has developed more than 2 million square feet of commercial and residential real estate and currently manages an investment portfolio of over 1.4 million square feet. Rinnier has provided quality service to the Mid-Atlantic community for over 75 years with nationally recognized award winning communities.

Matthew Trader specializes in the sale and leasing of Commercial properties. To contact Matthew, please call 443-614-4297, or email mtrader@rinnier.com.

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boring! It will be another failed restaurant on the plaza.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Another place I can only afford to eat at once a year.

I might get to this one in 2018, hope it is still open.

Thanks to ever rising taxes and healthcare and food in general that extra amount to spend keeps on dwindling.

Anonymous said...

13:35 Try working harder to make your life better instead of wallowing in self pity.

Anonymous said...

12:57 must not work for a living, OR pay taxes.

Anonymous said...

I don't think 12:35 is "wallowing in self pity" so much as being realistic. Restaurants depend exclusively on people having disposable income. A lot of people in Salisbury have no disposable income and others are seeing theirs shrink due to rising costs of necessary items.

Anonymous said...

1257PM....responding to your "work harder" comment. I am not 1235PM (not 1335) but I am working six days a week-ten hour days-so not sure how much harder I can work, as the more I make the more 'they take" (taxes, etc) It frustrates the heck out of my when I see all these people around Salisbury just "walking around" and riding their bikes getting FREE everything! I don't think they are working any harder than me? (or even working at all)

Anonymous said...

Oh joy just what Salisbury needs another eatery. How about trying to bring some good paying jobs down here instead.

Anonymous said...

I applaud their attempt but sadly I have to agree with the others. This is a long shot at best.

Anonymous said...

I learned from the Board of Education that you can eat out and deduct the expense from your taxes

Anonymous said...

Awesome! That would be the best place on the Plaza to open a restaurant - only problem is parking. Got to make free parking Downtown.

To all you Debbie Downers with negative comments, quit being a problem and be a part of the solution. The place hasn't even opened and you are expecting failure? They haven't even printed the menu and you're bitching about prices? C'mon, get a frickin' life!

Anonymous said...

Remember, Chawan. The first 6 months will be the best. That's the way restaurants in Salisbury work.

Anonymous said...

There's plenty of free parking downtown. What are you talking about, 3:15?

Anonymous said...

12:57, who the heck are you to tell someone else to work harder? I guess you would like to know if they will take Snap. How would you feel if someone told you to work harder? Oh that's right let us all work harder so you can live of us. sorry but your comment upset me. map

Anonymous said...

That's John Robinson's building. Is he renting to them or something?

Anonymous said...

" and be apart of the Downtown Salisbury community."

I hope that was a typo, but it will probably be true after a while anyway. Who wants to sit down for a nice, relaxing meal and have to get up and feed the meter every half hour?

Anonymous said...

Hey another new place that can have its grand opening and closing in the same month....

Anonymous said...

I wish them the best of success.

ryan said...

Maybe some of you should actually go downtown. Businesses are opening and staying open. Also a restaurant is a business so they hire people which means they create jobs (1:47)

Anonymous said...

Opening a restaurant is risky business. They often fail. Economy is bad and eating out is more of a luxury now that most cannot afford very often, if at all.

While we do need a better type of eatery in this area, and have for quite some time, are there enough people here willing, and able, to support it?

We need businesses to create jobs for many, not just a few.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous ryan said...
Maybe some of you should actually go downtown

Yeah, you might get lucky and see someone drive over a cop car.

Mark said...

Hey 4:09 That is not John Robinson's building, he was a short term tenant of ours. Go to Real Property to look and see who's it is. You must be another no knowledge poster who just assumes

Anonymous said...

You must be another no knowledge poster who just assumes

April 25, 2014 at 7:08 AM

And you must be a poster who only comments to insult people. Thanks for the contribution.

Anonymous said...

This actually sounds like a place for the 40-60 age group...middle class who enjoy a good dinner and entertainment with each other once a month. At least its not bar to which a young adult is going to get plastered or a person going to get trashed while their family is home. Seems that's all the bars around here.where u go to get hammered not go for a good evening.

Anonymous said...

I hope it does work out, however, 7 out of every 10 restaurants fail within the first 3 years, wish I was rolling in Vegas with those odds.

Anonymous said...

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I noticed yesterday that this building had Jimmy Sarbanes signs all over it. I can assure you that I will not be spending a nickel in that place.

Anonymous said...


Mark said...
Hey 4:09 That is not John Robinson's building, he was a short term tenant of ours. Go to Real Property to look and see who's it is. You must be another no knowledge poster who just assumes

April 25, 2014 at 7:08 AM

What an ignorant smart @ss. I hope all of your businesses in Salisbury fail. We don't need your type around here. By the way I did look it up and it says

DIVISION STREET PROPERTIES LLC
PO BOX 126
SCARSDALE NY 10583-0126

What idiot would do business in Salisbury with ties to NY? Yes and idiot.

I can't wait to see this anonymous LLC as well as the upper "Echelon" restaurant fail before it even opens.

Anonymous said...

The comments on here make me want to invest money in Salisbury! NOT!!!! Keep it up and you have no businesses.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
I noticed yesterday that this building had Jimmy Sarbanes signs all over it. I can assure you that I will not be spending a nickel in that place.

April 27, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Blair Rinnier is the son in law of Gail Bartkovich. Makes me wonder if Gail is a RINO just like the person her daughter married.

Anonymous said...

Do you people have a clue? You don't want prosperity around here and appear to be threatened by it. It's not a sin to have money. You should be thanking the people that spend money in the area rather than throwing stones at them.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to try this restaurant and I wish them luck!!

Obama Crooked Bastardo said...

Agreed 100%

Anonymous said...

Great to hear another true restaurant in town. Most of you on here don't know what its like to dine. You would rather go eat!
You problably think Applebees is good food.