Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, January 17, 2014

Record 732 Pounds Of Cocaine Seized At Port Of Norfolk

Norfolk, Va. – Customs and Border Protection (CPB) officers seized 732 pounds of cocaine concealed in cans of fruit juice in a shipping container at the Port of Norfolk on December 20th.

The wholesale value is about $12 million with a street value as much as $100 million. The seizure is the largest in the port’s history.

“I have children of my own, I’m always worried about where these drugs end up, are they getting to schools and for that reason I could not be more excited that this amount of cocaine is not going to make it out onto the streets,” said Mark Laria, Customs and Border Protection Area Port Director.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I know why my orange juice was powdered and did not turn the color orange when I added water. Sure gave me LOT OF ENERGY though.

Anonymous said...

they didn't get the green light from el chapo

Anonymous said...

That will teach you to pay your bribes on time won't it.

Anonymous said...

Meanwhile the real deal, 2 tons was on another ship not to be found. 732 lbs is about 350 kilos