Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

What You Haven't Heard About The Phil Robertson Interview

While most of the Main Stream Media wants you to believe Phil Robertson's interview with GQ was about his opinion on gays, there was actually another area the media also used that hasn't been discussed much.

They wanted you to believe he also attacked black America. Yet when I went back and read the interview, here's what I found.

Phil On Growing Up in Pre-Civil-Rights-Era Louisiana
“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

The reason I went back to read the interview was because a friend tried to tell me that he had attacked black people as well and quite frankly I just couldn't believe what they were saying. Of course once I read it I was right. There's not one attack. 

Again, this is an interview in which they were asking for Phil's OPINION. He only expanded upon HIS experiences and what he saw. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues"

So blacks of today are unGodly? Didn't look that way this Sun. in my church. Or was it that the millions participating in the civil rights movement were all full of crap? No, no way these words should be seen as insults. To me, this should have been the story. His words about gays were nothing special.

Anonymous said...

Take it easy Obama

Anonymous said...

If the "blacks of today" ancestors didn't come to America they would have had a terrible life in Africa, etc. (if they were alive)

Anonymous said...

If you read the whole piece in context, you'd understand that Phil believes America, and all of us who live here regardless of race, are not living Godly lives.

Anonymous said...

In retrospect,was this entire event meant to happen? Each day something surfaces that gets A&E off the hook just a little bit more (in my opinion)because reasons like this keep coming out.I can see a happy ending to this in the not too distant future.There is good in this believe it or not.Some clear thinking and unbiased network will scoop this bunch up in a heartbeat.

Anonymous said...

Phil is the man. May God bless him.

Anonymous said...

So, 1254, you read him to say today's blacks are ungodly? Really?

I didn't read that.

Anonymous said...

1254 what about the ones that commit 52 percent of murders in America and Are only 13 percent of the population. The most ungodly crime.