Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

CHEX MIX & SQUIRRELS

I made some Chex Mix the other day and yesterday was transferring it to Xmas cans for family & friends and spilled some on the floor so I swept it out on our deck thinking maybe the birds would enjoy it rather than just throwing it away. Well this morning we have a family of squirrels that are really enjoying it and chasing each other around on the deck, they are having loads of fun and are even coming up and looking towards the kitchen door at us. Even the creatures are happy, happy, happy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They must be Democrats wanting more, more, more.

Anonymous said...

lol yeah wait until it's all gone they'll round up their friends and tear down your house looking for more!

Anonymous said...

Just like Democrats. They will both be looking for their nuts pretty soon.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip.I love squirrels but Chex mix never crossed my mind as something they'd like.

Anonymous said...

No squirrels where I live but when I visit a friend I take corn and peanuts to feed the squirrels. The peanuts they grab and run off with them to hide them. The corn they will sit there and eat it. Wish we had some where I live.

Anonymous said...

If you get a squirrel family where you don't want them... i.e. the eves of your roof... use moth balls to get them to move and then board it up. If you just cover it over... they will chew back in again and again.
Just a tip for the day :)