Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, October 17, 2013

COLO. MOMS PUSH BACK ON DATA MINING AND ‘BIG BUSINESS’ MOVING FORWARD IN SCHOOLS

Sunny Flynn had heard about the Common Core Standards Initiative and student data collection before. But it wasn’t until she sent her daughter off to kindergarten this year in Littleton, Colo., and attended her first school board meeting that she realized just how in the thick of it she now was.

“I went to my first school board meeting in August, completely unaware of what was going on (in the Jefferson County School District),” Flynn told TheBlaze in a phone interview. While she sat there, “I had a pit in my stomach.”

More 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liberal teachers and unions driving America, speeding us toward less than average mediocrity. (And proud of it)

Anonymous said...

I very specifically brought this up in an email to the boe. I got nothing in return, nothing, not even an acknowledgement of the receiving the email.
Is there a way to opt out in the county/state?

Anonymous said...

I think most teachers do a good job with what they have to work with . The true failure comes with the parents who aren't willing to teach their kids. It's silly how some people blame the school for their children's failure.