Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Teachers Take Advantage Of Pre-K Program

While many Wicomico County Parents are discriminated against, Teachers in the same position are laughing all the way to the Bank.

How so, well, if your a Teacher and you have a child of age for Pre-K, their children are automatically accepted into the program. Yes, even if they are married and have two incomes. 

It's one of those, do as I say, not as I do deals. Salisbury News has confirmed this is the case and that there are multiple Teachers who have children enrolled in the Program. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep digging Joe, tip of the iceberg.

Anonymous said...

Well 8:55 if you know more, why don't you just tell Joe then maybe he'll see fit to share it with others on this blog.

Anonymous said...

Check the after school programs

Anonymous said...

Joe,
I am a teacher in Wicomico County and follow your blog. I am also a conservative- there are quite a few of us in the school system, contrary to what the media tells everyone. I signed my child up for PK this year and I can tell you he has not received an invitation or been "automatically" put into PK. In fact, my child has an IEP and still has not been accepted. I don't know where you got your information on this issue, but I think it is a little skewed. The school system and BOE is not perfect but I have seen great strides made in the years I have been teaching. I challenge anyone to find a buisness or a school system that is perfect in every aspect. I invite any taxpayer to volunteer in the schools to see exactly what goes on and how stressful it is on the teachers. The Wicomico Mentoring Project would be a great place to start if people wish to volunteer.

JoeAlbero said...

anonymous 5:44, if ANY of what you said was true you would have sent me an e-mail. I just love how some people come on here ANONYMOUSLY and challenge what I've published. When I say confirmed, I mean confirmed.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous 5:44, Teaching is stressful you must be joking I had probably around 5 teachers who gives test on a scantron so they don't have to grade it by hand, also around 4 teachers didn't do anything for the class but sit around and eat cookies for all of the day. Can you complain it your job is stressful while half of the teachers can't do things correctly and keep losing work or forgetting to input it to the grade book, that could raise a 63% to a 97%?