Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Hasan: 'I Would Still Be A Martyr' If Executed

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) -- The Army psychiatrist on trial for the 2009 shooting rampage at Fort Hood told mental health experts shortly after the attack that he "would still be a martyr" if convicted and executed by the government, according to newly released documents.

The remarks by Maj. Nidal Hasan were published Tuesday by the New York Times, as military lawyers ordered to help Hasan insist that he wants jurors to sentence him to death. Hasan is representing himself during the trial, which continued Tuesday at the Texas military base with FBI agents testifying about a gruesome, bullet-riddled crime scene.

Hasan told a panel of mental health experts that he wished he had been killed in the attack because it would have meant God had chosen him for martyrdom, according to documents given to the newspaper by Hasan's former lead attorney, John Galligan.

More 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just give him his wish. He should have never made it to cuffs. You commit that crime on this soil, you lose your rights.

Anonymous said...

inject him with pigs blood

Anonymous said...

406, yes, mixed with the drugs to slowly melt away his innards.

Anonymous said...

Come on people...think. It takes one to know one. Isn't that what children say? Are we becoming our own enemy? I don't have the answers but I won't become the problem. I will not kill. I will not steal. I will not become the very thing I hate the most.

Anonymous said...

9:40 If it's me or them... them wins every time. And I will arm my children with that same belief... if your life is in danger, and there's no help coming, and you have to choose... choose your own life over theirs.

Anonymous said...

10:39 Yes I do see your point. I did not say I would not protect myself. I will protect myself and plan ahead but I refuse to become evil for the sake of evil. I think we are alike in that...just not like 7:11. We all make choices and I choose to remain peaceful if at all possible. BUT.. don't make the mistake of believing I would not protect those I love with my life if necessary. I would.