Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, July 04, 2013

OC Bike Fest Promoter Buys Delmarva Bike Week

OCEAN CITY – After a couple years of having two competing motorcycle events in the region, OC Bikefest and Delmarva Bike Week have become one.

On Monday evening, Cliff Sutherland of OC Jams LLC came before the Mayor and City Council to give a brief update on the upcoming event, OC Bikefest, scheduled for Sept. 12-15.

During his presentation, Sutherland quickly mentioned OC Jams LLC had purchased Delmarva Bike Week in the beginning of March.

More 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am hoping Delmarva Bike Week will stay in Wicomico County. Lets see how Gary Mackes can pull this one off. I noticed no mention of them meeting with the Wicomico County Council which concerns me as a citizen.

Anonymous said...

Great, more ads telling me to watch out for motorcyclists, while one comes past me, doing a wheelie at over 80mph.

Do away with it.

Anonymous said...

1107-It brings in revenue. They're not going to do away with it.

Anonymous said...

11:07 AM for some reason I am not believing men on Harleys will be doing wheelies at over 80's an hour. Quit hating the bikers and like 12:29 says Bike Week is one of the biggest booms for the economy on the Eastern Shore.

Anonymous said...

No one could pay me enough to ride on a motorcycle now that being said the majority of the complaints I hear is the noise. I don't say anything back to them but can only think if noise for 3 or 4 days is all they have to complain about then they should be thanking God because in the scheme of things it's not a big deal.
I think to myself that I bet the mother holding a child dying of cancer only wishes she had noise to worry and complain about or one of those who lost limbs in the Boston bombing.