Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, July 06, 2013

Death Of A Salisbury Native Goes Unnoticed

Norman Patrick Tilghman a Master 7th degree black belt and Salisbury native died on 21 June 2013. He was 54 years old. For more then 30 years he taught children the qualities of self respect, honor and loyalty. He instilled character. Created the Kick Drugs out of Delmarva program, taught D.A.R.E. classes and worked as a Court Commissioner. My Brother taught the elderly to defend themselves with the cane. He mastered the art of the cane even though his lungs were failing him. I would be honored if you would do a story on his life if you are able. Only one Law Enforcement official showed up at his Memorial. Wicomico Deputy Chris Taylor. Taylor new him well. My agency, where I retired. The City of Salisbury Police Dept I guess was to busy to send anyone. My Brother died from a horrible lung disease working for Blind Industries.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I honor his dedication and sacrifice. Sadly missed and well-remembered.
Peace now, rest dear soul.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I knew him and I don't think I heard anything about him. May he rest in peace!

Anonymous said...

hey sarge. was very sorry to hear about your brother. you are right though, never heard anything about it at the pd. would have gotten up with you sooner, but this notice was the first i heard of it. have an old phone number for you, so if you can call me at work and leave a new number, ill call you back. again, very sorry for the loss of your brother. 0164

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss. I didn't know your brother but it's a shame no one in law enforcement except one person could take time out of their day to honor him. May he rest in peace.