Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, March 25, 2013

Woman Who Tweeted About Crude Comments Loses Job

SAN JOSE, Calif. — A female developer was fired after tweeting about a group of men she said were making sexual comments at a computer programming conference, fueling an already vigorous debate about gender equality and culture in Silicon Valley.

Adria Richards wrote on her blog, butyouareagirl.com, that she was seated in a ballroom at the Santa Clara conference Sunday when the men behind her started talking about “big dongles.”

A dongle is a device that plugs into a computer, but Richards tweeted that the men made the comment in a sexual way.

More 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife said I should get one of them, and she'd teach me how to use it. I guess I do spend a lot more time on the computer these days.

Anonymous said...

Get over it ladies.It's a mans world.

Anonymous said...

Maybe she should learn to mind her own business and stop eavesdropping.

Anonymous said...

12:52,really??? Do you have a daughter, sister,mother that you say the same thing too? You are an absolute disgrace!!

Anonymous said...

According to my mother I was already a disgrace long before you declared it,but thanks anyway.

Anonymous said...

Get over it everyone this a idiots' world