Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Winning Mega Millions Ticket Claimed In Md.

WASHINGTON - A Mt. Airy grandmother of two, who wishes to remain anonymous, has claimed the $26 million Mega Millions jackpot.

"I am still in denial," the woman says in Maryland Lottery news release. "I even drove by the store the next day to see if it was real. One look at the parking lot with all the news vans and I knew it was true."

The 48-year-old retiree says she plans to buy a beach house.

To win the jackpot, she matched all five numbers, plus the Mega Ball. She will take home $12.6 million after taxes.

More 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a good manageable amount.It's the $200 or so million that I personally would'nt even want to win.Being a spectacle and a target is not my definition of winning.

Anonymous said...

48 year old retiree? I bet there is public assisatance somewhere on that financial statement. Give me a break.

Anonymous said...

843-Maryland is only one of a few states that still allow you to not be identified if you win the lotto. Knowing that, I'd gladly win 200 million lol