Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Bounds Funeral Home

I cant say enough praise about this business, hope you will share....
I wanted to get word out about a business in Salisbury that has blown me away in their kindness and honesty. I lived most of my life on the Eastern Shore and a few years ago moved out of state. I met my wife on the shore and have many friends there.

I had to take a trip back to Eastern Shore last week due to a death in the family. It was a hard time and not pleasant to handle. This is a task my wife and I have never had to really do. If you have never had to arrange a funeral for a loved one, it’s completely different than attending one. We decided to stop into Bounds Funeral Home. It was one of the many ones we were aware of. Our thoughts were to check a couple of them out. We never went anywhere else, after we met with a group of the most professional, honest people I have had to deal with on the Shore in 35 plus years of being there. A young lady named Denise waited on us, and we felt so comfortable with her explanation of what needed to be done we never looked any further. She took a long time to explain everything that was needed or required to do for the service. I cannot tell you how nice and kind that the staff was.

Once we started the process, we needed to provide items for the service to prepare our family member. While dropping off these items, we needed to complete more paperwork. One of the workers there took the items of clothing, and undergarment. A few minutes later while we are completing paperwork she returns. You see, our family member had hidden in one of her clothing items several thousands of dollars in cash. We had no knowledge of this, and would have never known if it was taken. You may say of course this is what is expected of businesses, and people but in todays time I find it exceptional to see such honesty. When you find someone, or a business that have employees that have this moral it is outstanding and should be acknowledged. There was one more item that amazed me in all this, knowing that we recovered several thousands dollars the lady who helped us made a small error on a procedure requirement. She advised by mistake that since we were going out of state with transportation a simple procedure that cost minimal money was needed. She later found out it was not, and refunded that amount to us.

I cannot say enough about “Honesty” “Integrity” and “Compassion” that this business has to its customers. Funerals are not fun, they are a hard time to deal with. They are expensive and full of surprises and experiences if you have to arrange them you will find difficult. If you need to do any of these, pick a business that has the qualities that Bounds Funeral Home has.

Thank you Denise, and the staff off Bounds Funeral Home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't go anywhere else. My family has used them for years.

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful testimonial. Glad to hear they experience what the Eastern Shore is really all about, caring and honesty.

Anonymous said...

I've always heard good things about Bounds. I think they are trustworthy folks.