Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, December 10, 2012

QUOTES OF THE DAY 12-10-12

“All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake up in the day to find it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
T.E. Lawrence, Seven Pillars of Wisdom: A Triumph
“He was old and wise, which meant tired and disappointed…”
T.E. Lawrence, Seven Pillars of Wisdom

“Mankind has had ten-thousand years of experience at fighting and if we must fight, we have no excuse for not fighting well.”
T.E. Lawrence

“You wonder what I am doing? Well, so do I, in truth. Days seem to dawn, suns to shine, evenings to follow, and then I sleep. What I have done, what I am doing, what I am going to do, puzzle and bewilder me. Have you ever been a leaf and fallen from your tree in autumn and been really puzzled about it? That’s the feeling.
(T.E. Lawrence to artist Eric Kennington, May 1935 )”
T.E. Lawrence

No comments: