Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, November 16, 2012

Market Street Inn Is Back In Business


[After drinking the bottle of Petrus on the night of October 29th with the only food I was able to take out of Market Street a bowl of Miss Flo's Navy Bean soup (Never in my a life could of thought a bottle of Petrus and Navy Bean soup) I kept thinking what was I going to do now?????????

Well Sandy won a few rounds and after reading all the Facebook posts and encouraging words it gave me strength to.. 
carry on, all those comments truly meant something! Then to meet with a lot of employees of MSI who depended on this place and the realization of what would I do? Five minutes of how would I put a tank of gas in my car, how would I live and most importantly I had a responsibility to people who depended on me, my employees who had people who depended on them and to all the people who I owed money to. Soooo, that was it! Jump in head first and rise up and redo MSI again. (Mind you we were flooded in September and had just redone 3/4 of the place less than 45 days ago. Of course that small potatoes to this)
Well, 15 days later and a lot of sacrifice and hard work and yelling and high fives yesterday at 4PM the entire facility was up and running. With the dedication of the employees and people who I have done work with over all my years in business it happened. With no guarantee of what business we would have, getting paid because who knows how insurance will work out MSI was put back together with the standards I would only want and even some changes to the bar so something new for everyone. The people who need to be thanked are many but the employees who believed and dedicated themselves I can not thank enough and the pride they should feel, because without them this time this would not have been possible. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

There is also no way this happens without the dedication of TEMCO who assigned a lot of people to work on this project and supplied a lot of materials with no form of payment and that is just to risky for what has happened the last few years in the construction business. The Metal Shop Mafia, for 3 days of unscheduled work to make some changes, ASAP for a dumpster in 2 hours, Pro Floor & Brian Lowe's Carpet, Marathon Service Company for countless hours of mess they encountered, Chris Scott for tiling a whole job in 6 hours and only receiving 6 hours notice, Haines metal fabrication for making custom pieces for new equipment, Herl's for what they do it seems like for 10 years here, redo the bathrooms, Impact Audio for bringing the music and TV's back, McIntyre Electric for replacing all the electric that went boom that night, Mark McWilliams who just did whatever needed to be done, Wicomico County Health Department who was super awesome to work with thru this, City of Salisbury Parking who has worked with us, construction crews, employees and customers, City of Salisbury Public Works, All our vendors who are wondering when they will get paid, Ann Ashman of Brushstokes who blended the new with the old, Ocean Spray Steam Cleaning (that says it all), Royal Plus who seems to have been around a lot the last few years, Cam Jackson & Avery Hall Insurance who I feel like who has moved into MSI since September (Wondering if they will even take me back next year), Raymond Chow of Marvel Masonry who always gets the mess of all my projects since MoJo's (I think he likes all the fumes, LOL), Steve Adkins of Culi Quip for having to track down all the specific equipment we use, Rise Up Coffe (My God without them the project would of never happened), To all My Restaurant Comrades for the food and Best Wishes as we all are struggling right now and again to all the Employees of Market Street and their Families as they have been financially impacted and asked to do weird jobs and wierd hours. A Big Thank You and to all our Customers who wished us well!!!

To finish on a high note and a reason to keep going is this special moment is to the Couple who got engaged that Saturday night after the storm outside on our deck which was still a mess from the storm because that is where they met!!!! That's what makes it worth it!!!!! Now make sure to stop by and say hi and to support the dedicated employees who have endured the wrath of Sandy as well. Of course thru this we wish everyone affected by Hurricae Sandy the best and we feel fortunate that we can be up and back running in 18 days!

Sincerely, ROB

PS. Now maybe a little sleep, 4:30AM to Midnight the last few weeks is a little bit much for even me now. I must give a shout out to GHS class of 87 that attending my 25th reunion was a super nice break and to see so many people who were a part of shaping who I have become and especially awesome to see my Best Friend Charlie is still acting like he is in High School! LMAO]


Robert N. Mulford, Jr.
President
Market Street Inn, LTD.
410.742.4145
410.742.3687 fax

8 comments:

Tim Chaney said...

Kudos to the Market Street team, Talk about bouncing back, tis a lot to be thankful for even in times like these. Hope you have a rockin' holiday!

Anonymous said...

I went last night and had a blast! The bar looks great! So happy that you didn't give up...MSI is definitely a favorite!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see someone with the class to try to thank EVERYONE who helped him out of a bad spot!
Yes, Rob, you did build that.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Rob. I'm so happy that everything came together for you. I'll stop in for a drink soon.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to everyone who made this happen - we love MSI and can't wait to see it!

Queensgirl52 said...

God bless MSI and all who made the quick reopening possible. My husband and I will definitely be there tomorrow night.

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic thank you from a great guy. MSI is staple and a landmark for Salisbury. Great job Team MSI!

Anonymous said...

Are you putting on a Thanksgiving dinner? We're only 3, and that really doesn't make for a big turkey dinner. Please post!
I; rather help you than anyone in town!