Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Good Morning Joe, I just wanted to relay to you a thought of mine which just does not go away.. Two weeks ago my son came down from New York City to go fishing with a new new fly rod he had built. I had not been fishing in years, so we agreed to both purchase MD 3 day Licenses... In order to do so... we had to produce: 1. Drivers License/Picture ID 2. Telephone number 3. Address and 4. Social Security Number ..for a three day fishing License?........ Also, another customer, while we were waiting for the online DNR computer to process our Fishing License applications, was able to purchase ammunition by only "flashing" his Drivers License to the clerk..(no written or recorded info was taken..P.S. I am a strong 2nd Amendment proponent and NRA member) ...and I can vote without producing any verifiable identification... We are in deep trouble! Publishers Notes: Just yesterday I received a call from a very frustrated individual who went to Gander Mountain to purchase a hand gun. He had to wait THREE WEEKS before the Maryland State Police finally got around to accepting his application. The liberal leadership in Maryland is doing everything in their powers to discourage us, yet they want to ram rod same sex marriage down our throats without it going to referendum, allowing the citizens to choose and or participate. Later today you'll read of another Post we're putting up about another new tax. A tax in which even I had no clue had gone through. Its all about taxes or fees. Truthfully, this is EXACTLY why I am running for Mayor. I may not be able to do a whole lot, (right now) about Maryland's current legislation but you just give me the time and eventually I will be in a position in which I can start making one hell of a positive difference. Thanks for sharing this with Salisbury News.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You better check if the problem is with the state police and the handgun apporoval. I feel the problem there is gander Mountain. They have had some FFL issues and they are anything but efficient when it comes to paperwork. I just did paperwork on a gun at Wink's in Pricess Anne. THey fax the paperwork and recieive it back by fax in a week. They are notiifed in a few days if the they need to put a hold on the transaction. I think the laws in Maryland a crazy but I think the system works pretty good for those that understand how it works

Anonymous said...

I agree with with 10:17. Gander Mountain is not the place to purchase firearms.

Anonymous said...

That's crazy. Thankfully I've been a faithful customer of 2 local bait & tackle shops, have been going to each of them for 20+ years. Now that I live across the bridge, whenever I come back to fish I don't need to do all that for a temp license.


Personally, I believe MD should adopt the North Carolina way of doing temp fishing licenses. You call in, they process it with a credit/debit card, and they tell you a code to write down. Takes 2-3 minutes tops, and you're golden. Nothing but verifying your billing address, no other mess to work through.

Anonymous said...

You have to show your Drivers license and sign a registry to buy Allegra D in the Giant. Face it, the only ones against Voter ID are Democrats because of their history of voter fraud to win elections, ie. Al Franken, and Barack Obama vs. Alice Palmer.

Anonymous said...

I know how the so called system works. Purchased a 38 special for my wife through a licensed firearm dealer/gunsmith, and it still took 3 weeks for the State registration to be approved. So it's best to go out and buy a gun from a newspaper ad or through word of mouth and not worry about the political bullcrap.

Anonymous said...

Go to almost any large flea market in Virginia and you can purchase good firearms with no sales tax, no paperwork and no hassle.

Anonymous said...

i thought by law you could complete the transaction seven days after submitting the paperwork. i've never had to wait longer.

Anonymous said...

1128-That works, as long as the seller is not a registered dealer.

Anonymous said...

I got one at Booth and West. The guy did not want to see my license or check my background. lol Sad isnt it. Thugs just pull up to a corner. Honest Americans have to jump through hoops. Whats is the message the Govt. is sending???