Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, August 20, 2012

Panera Bread in Nasua N.H

It doesn't take much to make a difference to someone's life.

Just ask Sue Fortier, a manager at a Panera Bread in Nashua, N.H.

Last Tuesday, Fortier arrived to work and was greeted by a surprising phone call from 21-year-old Brandon Cook. "Right off the bat he said, 'This is going to be a very strange request,' and he proceeded to tell me about his grandmother," Fortier told WMUR 9 News

It turns out that Cook's grandmother is dying of cancer. She had a specific request for her grandson: She wanted a bowl of clam chowder from Panera while she could still eat solid food, which would not be for much longer. "This is what she went on and on about, was the bread bowl here, so I tried to get it for her as best I could," Cook told WMUR News.

There was one problem. Clam chowder was only served on Fridays.

 More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huffington Post. Pro-Obama and anti-america.

Bryan Fykes said...

I wish they did this kind of stuff everyday. My first (and only) visit to Panera was shortly after they opened here in Salisbury. I am allergic to tomatoes. I asked for them to make a panini without them. I was told "no". I asked why. I was told that they made them up in advance since they had to steam them, then grill them, and it takes too long. I told them I was willing to wait. I was again told no.

So I guess if you are dying, they'll bend over backward, but if your request will keep you alive- you are out of luck.

Anonymous said...

808-Of course, you could've ordered something that doesn't come with tomatoes....but that'd be asking too much, right?