Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, May 07, 2012

Al-Qaida Releases Video of American Hostage

In a video released Sunday by al-Qaida, American hostage Warren Weinstein said he will be killed unless President Barack Obama agrees to the militant group's demands.

"My life is in your hands, Mr. President," Weinstein said in the video. "If you accept the demands, I live; if you don't accept the demands, then I die."

Weinstein was abducted last August in Lahore, Pakistan, after gunmen tricked his guards and broke into his home. The 70-year-old from Rockville, Md., is the country director in Pakistan for J.E. Austin Associates, a Virginia-based firm that advises a range of Pakistani business and government sectors.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously? This individual made a concious decision to go there for work. What was he thinking? Now he wants the government to do everything possible to spare his life from the fanatics.
I personally turned down alot of money to go over there for work. It wasn't worth it to risk my life helping these individuals who couldn't care less about us! Sorry to say but he was a fool and now he's paying for his unwise decision!

Anonymous said...

2:13 well said, don't waste a dime on this guy see ya later

Anonymous said...

im currently calling 911 to come save me. i turned on my stove and im sitting inside. i cannot understand why its getting hot in here, but someone needs to come save me!


*sarcasm*

Dana said...

2:13 I'm another person agreeing with you whole heartedly. It sounds cold to say this, but we all make choices that affect our lives daily. His greed just got the better of his good sense.