Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Bathing, Sex Habits Fair Game For Census?

The Rutherford Institute is expanding its fight against the federal government’s American Community Survey, a list of privacy-invading questions sent to some 3 million homes every year with instructions that answers must be provided under penalty of law.

The questions ask for details about mortgages, marital histories, bathing habits, utility costs, telephone numbers and other personal issues.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got this survey last year and couldn't believe the questions. I looked this up on the Internet and found out that The Rutherford institute is waiting for someone to get fined for not complying with this survey so they can represent them and get this unconstitutional lunacy struck down in court.

I didn't answer the survey so I got a few phone calls but never a visit. They informed me that I could be fined for not answering the questions and I told them that it was unconstitutional and that they wouldn't fine me because they didn't want this to go to court. They Hung up and never called back.

Anonymous said...

I only answered "2 souls" at this address and was pummeled with 2 phone calls and 2 physical visits. I should have reacted stronger, and something certainly needs to be done to stop this intrusion. The results of their questioning is used in the racially drawn redistricting maps and along R/D lines! These are questions that should not be asked or answered.