Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, April 03, 2011

Crappy Daily Times Newspaper Route

I live in the Elk Creek subdivision which is across Jackson Road from the Deer Harbor subdivision.

Beginning about two months ago, we in Elk Creek noticed that someone had been taking craps in our neighborhood.  Not in the woods or in the grassy areas, but in the road and leaving toilet paper with it.  For almost two weeks straight, about every other day, they left 9 craps.  Then it stopped for several weeks.

Then we noticed the person or persons did it several times in Deer Harbor.  This is a very strange situation, so it has been the topic of conversation.  I had been talking to a friend about it and she told me the same thing had been happening down her lane.  She lives in Rehoboth Maryland and her lane runs along the river.
The person had been going on her lane, not in the woods or grassy area and the person also left toilet paper.

On one of the occasions, the person dropped their driver's license and credit card out of their pants pocket.  My friend said she did not recall the name of the person, but that she had her friend take it to the MSP barrack.  It turned out the id and credit card belonged to a Daily Times delivery person.

My friend said that her husband called the Times and complained that their delivery person may be crapping on their lane.  The crapping continued and my friends finally cancelled the Times at which time the crapping stopped.  SO, after hearing my friends story.  I believe the person taking a dump in Elk Creek and Deer Harbor is a Daily Times delivery person.

I've talked to Gary Baker and Mike Lewis about it, they've provided extra patrols for the past few months, but haven't been able to catch anyone.  Plus, unless you catch them in the act, what's the crime.  It's just soooo nasty.  Not that I'm an expert on poop, but it's not like dog poop that disintegrates and goes away after a few days.  The crap that's in the street at the front of our neighborhood is still there after two months.

My neighbors and I have talked about doing a stake out, but it's so sporadic.  The last poop was on 3/17 in Elk Creek in the street at the front of the neighborhood.  There is one today in Deer Harbor on Five Friars Road on the left as soon as you turn off Deer Harbor Drive.  We were trying to see if there was a pattern, but I don't think there is.  Any thoughts?

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get a game trail camera, preferably one that has inferred {so there is no flash}....secure it in any likely area.

Anonymous said...

reading the daily times gives me the craps too.

Anonymous said...

It is a shame that they didn't use The Daily Times as toliet tissue!!!!That is about all it is worth!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh come on this cant be real.

Anonymous said...

That story really STINKS!!!!(sorry had to say it lol)...catch this mystery pooper and RUB HIS(or her) NOSE IN IT !!!!!!!

Joseph Albero said...

anonymous 10:01, Oh, it's for real OK. I know the source personally and their friends. They would never lie. This is a searious health issue and problem.

Joseph Albero said...

Oh, and I'll add, ANOTHER story you won't read in the Daily Times.

Anonymous said...

why not just Blog the perps name since they've got his licence. then the "pooper bandit" will have BEEN BLOGGED.

Anonymous said...

10:01:
I live in Elk Creek and unfortunately the story is real. It used to happen very frequently in front of my driveway but then I guess they couldn't "hold it" that far and started doing in towards the entrance. So sick and gross.

Anonymous said...

They are very regular , like myself , same time everyday.
Good name for the "daily Times"

Anonymous said...

It is true and here's how I know. I was taking my son to a friend's house in Deer Harbor (I would take the route near Elk Creek) and my 7 y/o who was in the back of the van yelled "Ew, did you see that woman, she was going potty near the sewer ?" I didn't see her and thought my daughter had to be mistaken, now reading this I guess it really did happen. GROSS !!!

Anonymous said...

They throw crap in my yard every week. No toilet paper just crap I don't want wrapped up in a pinkish/red plastic bag. Isn't that considered littering? I didn't ask for that crap. Is there anyway to refuse the free toilet paper thrown in my yard once a week?

Anonymous said...

this has got to be one of the most demented stories i've read. there is seriously something wrong with these people....get a cam and bust them!

Anonymous said...

its 10:01, and im sorry, i just couldnt believe that could be true. i see now that truly anything can happen in this city

Anonymous said...

This may just be a coincidence... but.. did anyone see the "My Big Redneck Wedding" a little while back with the couple from Delmarva on it? The couple delivered the newspaper locally and if you watched closely you would see that it was in fact the Daily Times. The "groom" on the show did actually take a crap on his route while delivering the paper. Just a funny side note to this story.

Anonymous said...

How about scooping it up and delivering it to the guy's home address on the driver's license.

Come on folks. Use your head.

Or encourage the delivery guy to use his head. Whichever.

Anonymous said...

DNA--They got him now!!..This case stinks from the beginning.

Anonymous said...

The Mad Crapper strikes again muuaaahhhahaha!

Anonymous said...

1:21 PM

There are lots of 'Daily Times', not just ours.

Anonymous said...

With all of the MSP troopers that live in Elk Creek, you think they would be able to catch them without any problem!

Anonymous said...

They're the union cops.

Anonymous said...

7:08 You obviously did not watch the show or you would know that this was a local couple. They were married at "The House" (now Station 7) in Laurel, DE. - This was "our" Daily Times

Anonymous said...

This is not true. Joe has a good imagination and ghost writers who dream up stuff to make his blog get more hits. Friend Jonathan said that was a fact.

Anonymous said...

12:18
If you find a way to stop them let me know. Im tired of picking it up and throwing it away each week. I think it should be considered litering also.
I wish the person that delivers in the am that drives the big white conversion van would slow down. No reason to fly up and down the roads like that.

9:03
I think the flash would actualky be funny. Can you imagine the look on their face.

Anonymous said...

11:51 PM

No, I didn't watch the show. I don't care if it was 'ours'.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this story is very true. There have been two more craps since the blog came out. If you don't believe it, go into Deer Harbor and look in the yard and street of the house at the corner of DH drive and FIve Friars

neighbor said...

I walked in deer harbour this morning and there were 3 piles on that corner lot (five friars and deer harbour). Hopefully people will read this, keep an eye out, be aware of this and catch this a$$. All people that live in these two neighborhoods have to be observant and on the look out...not just our law enforcers in the neighborhood!

Anonymous said...

12:05 AM

Who cares what jon-jon says? But this is a good subject for him, as I am sure he is an expert on the topic.

Anonymous said...

This situation might seem amusing, but should be taken seriously. Public parks have signs posted, and there are laws requiring pet owners to clean up after their dogs. Dog waste transmits disease and is a threat to the community. Human waste is no different. If this individual has HIV, for example, flies land in the crap, it sticks to their legs, they fly to your patio . . . . Then there are rats that will eat just about anything. Say the rats stumble upon this crap and eat it. Then fleas that feed on the rats blood spread the disease to pets and humans. How about worms and other parasites that might be in this crap. This is the act of a selfish demented individual who needs psychological counseling. I encourage the community and law enforcement to take action.