Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, April 03, 2011

CHICK - FIL- A

Believe I'll go to Chick-fil-A and get some "Jesus Chicken" and waffle fries for my family at least once a week.  Chick-fil-A is an American success story.  Founded by Georgian entrepreneur Truett Cathy in 1946, the family-owned chicken-sandwich chain is one of the country's largest fast-food businesses.  It employs some 50,000 workers across the country at 1,500 outlets in nearly 40 states and the District of Columbia .  The company generates more than $2 billion in revenue and serves millions of happy customers with trademark Southern hospitality.

So, what's the problem?  Well, Chick-fil-A is run by devout Christians who believe in strong marriages, devoted families, and the highest standards of character for their workers.  The restaurant chain's official corporate mission is to "glorify God" and "enrich the lives of everyone we touch." The company's community-service initiatives, funded through its WinShape Foundation, support foster-care, scholarship, summer-camp, and marriage-enrichment programs.  On Sunday, all Chick-fil-A stores close so workers can spend the day at worship and rest.

Over the past month, several progressive-activist blogs have waged an ugly war against Chick-fil-A.  The company's alleged atrocity: One of its independent outlets in Pennsylvania donated some sandwiches and brownies to a marriage seminar run by the Pennsylvania Family Institute, which happens to oppose same-sex marriage.

In the name of tolerance, the anti-Chick-fil-A hawks sneered at the company's main product as "Jesus Chicken," derided its no-Sunday-work policy, and attacked its operators as "anti-gay." Petition drives on websites are demanding the company change and disavow their standards.  Facebook users dutifully organized witch hunts against the company on college campuses.

Progressive groups are gloating over Chick-fil-A's public-relations troubles.  This is not because they care about winning hearts and minds over gay rights or marriage policy, but because their core objective is to marginalize political opponents and chill Christian philanthropy and activism.  The fearsome "muscle flexing" is being done by the hysterical bullies trying to drive them off of college grounds and out of their neighborhoods in the name of "human rights."

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just pray that one day they will fill my order correctly in the drive thru!

Anonymous said...

I have a son who is gay and wishes to marry his long-time partner. I support his wishes to be happy in his life.

However, we live in the U.S. I also support Chic-Fil-A's right to worship as they see fit and support whatever organization with THEIR profits that they see fit.

Isn't that what's so great about our country; that each of us can have our own beliefs?

jspear said...

Anon 902.. thats exactly what i was thinking, they don't have to use Chick Fila's services nobody makes them. Everyone has a right to their opinions. If they oppose chick fila business practices go to mcdonalds!

Anonymous said...

I love Chick Fila. We ate there Friday night and business as GOOD. It is one of the few places i can order in my car and understand what the server is asking me. I don't care what they believe; or don't believe. It is good to live in a country where we can do pretty much as we please, spend our money where we please and read what we please. Amen

Anonymous said...

Chick-fil-a is the nastiest fast food place. A TINY shriveled up over salted greasy gristle patty that's uneven thickness so cooked unevenly, on a tiny crumbly over buttered bun. Way too expensive for the size, then the large waffle fries you're lucky to get 4 or 5 fries not total in a large. Only thing that is still good is the Coke (or Tea or Lemonade)

If you get the greasy little nuggets, you get 12 little peices of gristle for $7.65 for the combo, insane! You get more chicken in a 99c pack of nuggets from MCDs or Wendys.

My biggest complain is the SUV driving soccer moms. I love how they all actually belive this greasy chicken is some how good for their kids! They flock to the place, I just don't get it!

I remember when CFA was actually good say like 15 years ago, back when the lettuce/tomato came in a little styrofoam cup, and the BBQ sauce still had pineapple peices in it.

Scott said...

This just makes me want to go there more. A least one business isn't afraid to stand up for their beliefs!
Need businesses like this out there!
Down with political correctness!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love CFA and they have every right to stand up for their beliefs. This is America! I am tired of people who disagree that try to force others to go against their beliefs. If you don't want to eat at CFA, then don't. "Soccer moms" go to CFA so their kids can play safely at the indoor playground and get exercise instead of setting them in front of the TV at home. I am sick of people always thinking "its my way, or the highway!" Please move to a Communist country if you like one-side lifestyles.

Anonymous said...

I'll have a #1 with sweet tea, hold the anti-christ and fruit salad. I guess I am the one that will say it. Same sex WHAT!

Gays have been pushing the agenda way to far as of late. Who give a crap that you like to have sex with a person of the same gender. Say what you want it is WRONG.

One has to llok no further than the human body to tell that same sex acitivity was not meant to be. I think we have taken brotherly love to the wrong level.

So all you politically correct liberals can kiss my my God loving hetro a**. Only if you are of the opposite sex of course.

I still love all of ya, but you and I know it is just not natural period.

So let me get this right. If a guy LOVES his horse to the point he has sex with it. They should be allowed to marry or have civil union.

I guess when they find the gay gene I will be good with all of this. Till then it is a choice you make and if that choice is to have sex with the same gender you are just gay. Nothing special just gay.

I have never seen a shirt that read I am hetro and proud of it. I guess when you are living right you dont need a tee-shirt to remind people who you are.

Anonymous said...

It is funny how progressives want everyone to be accepting of others beliefs, no matter how crazy. Then, when someone believes something that goes against their beliefs, they want to boycott and run them out of business. If someone is gay that is fine, just don't try to make me a believer. Just like I don't want Christians and others banging on my door trying to convert me to their religion. I love Chick-fil-A.

Anonymous said...

I hear there is a new one coming to White Marlin Mall. Also a Cracker Barrel by the new Wal-Mart in Berlin.

Anonymous said...

12:51..i hope you are right! That would be terrific!

Anonymous said...

8:52 I have never once had an order filled incorrectly in the Chic Fil A drive thru and my family eats there all the time!

Anonymous said...

Good for Chick fil a! They are PROlife and PROmarriage and Christian. And, they have a right to be. If you want to be gay and don't like it -- go to Wendy's! The food is good, service is good and we'll keep going there, except on Sunday's.

Drew said...

11:15
Please move to a Communist country if you like one-side lifestyles


You mean like telling gays they cannot marry? Seems they are the ones advocating for one-side is the only right side.

Sherry said...

CFA in Salisbury is the best fast food place on the Eastern Shore. They are very polite and friendly and the drive thru is the fastest around. You cant go anywhere else and get all your food as fresh as they serve. I will always go out of my way to eat there and am proud of their Christian Beleifs. If you dont stand for something, you will fall for anything. Go CFA!

Anonymous said...

12:42- no it's not a choice and you're an a**. Enjoy your Chick-Fil-A!

Dr. Thomas G. Wells, Cambridge, MD said...

I'm 78 years old. I tell you gay means happy. The correct word to fit the definition that you attribute to gays is queer. I am happy that I am retired as a professor from the University of Maryland.The youth of today are changing the English language to suit their own needs. Conformity is the rule.Some things should not change. I am adamant about this subject and stand firm in my conviction.

Anonymous said...

You mean like telling gays they cannot marry? Seems they are the ones advocating for one-side is the only right side.

6:36 PM

You queers can marry all you want. It just won't be recognized.

Anonymous said...

Give it a break! I'm a Christian who also love kabobs and curry and frequents Muslim owned restaurants. From my point this is why we live in a free society. Let's plan to keep it that way!

Anonymous said...

Chick-fil-a is the best, NEVER CHANGE. they are not publicly owned, they can do wha they want. if you do not like it, don't go there.

Anonymous said...

8:07 AM

Well then you are a traitor and should be dragged out and shot. Don't you know if one is bad, they all are bad?