Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Toyota, Smarter Than The Average Bear!

There's much talk this morning about Toyota recalling more than 2 million  vehicles due to the gas pedal sticking. After  much research, findings  have proven that the gas pedals stick, (at times) when the owner installs after factory floor mats in the vehicles.

The US Government desperately tried to defame Toyota last year during the Cash For Clunkers campaign where they wanted to push American manufactured vehicles over foreign vehicles but Toyota came fighting back with a 0% financing  and their sales went through the roof. So much so, dealer lots were literally empty of new products.

In this case, Toyota will again come out of this by being pro active and not reactive. They will invite more than 2 million people back to their Dealerships to see if they have after market floor mats. The way I see it is, if they do, it's an instant sale of a set of Toyota mats instead. Looks like a win/win to me. Who knows, maybe you'll need an oil change while your there too.

Funny how this was announced, (once again) today where the MSM broke the news that GM has enjoyed their very first profit since 2004!!!!! Very predictable.

4 comments:

dan said...

It was also announce today that Toyota is recalling more vehicles.

EdenMan said...

I own two Toyotas...both are great, low cost of ownership. I probably won't buy another Toyota, instead I'll buy a Hyundai....better car for the money.

EdenMan said...

Let me refine my last comment...my next truck will be a Ford diesel...bigger payload and better milage. When I get a little busier, I'll be @a local Ford dealer puttin' down a deposit.

Unknown said...

Love my AMERICAN made 2010 Toyota PRIUS!! In 70k miles (former bank courier), I've had NO problems.