Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 17, 2011

The Town I Loved So Well









There was one thing I enjoyed hearing from Louise Smith's speech last week where she claimed she would spend one day a week traveling to different neighborhoods and taking notes of all the problems/violations she'd see along the way. Unfortunately, it would appear that Louise Smith was blind.

As you will see in the next Post, (above) that there's a whole lot more going on in which nothing is being done by those elected officials and or those employed within the City to make sure we taxpayers are protected.

As many of you saw a week ago, or so, my building Downtown was tagged and I took it very seriously. I made contact with Sparkle Wash immediately and the graffiti was removed immediately. I know there's been legislation passed to enforce fines for those who do not comply with such laws but the City, well, they seem to have their own set of rules for blight.

While Louise Smith made it sound like she was doing her job, well, you take a look yourself and decide. Do tell me why laws are created and put in place, yet they aren't enforced. Its time for some new leadership. Its time for representatives who want action and not speeches.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

With the economic situation the way it is , you will see some radical moves within the city.
Supervisors that are responsible for the maintenance of these items will be fired for lack of productivity. This will be good for the city and good for the lazy
people that don't have a job because of this.

Jack K Richards said...

Sure ain't the Salisbury that I loved jackkcharl@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Help Is On The Way!!!

Anonymous said...

Its a disgusting dirty dangerous place. I wish it were further away from me.