Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 03, 2011

Aftermath Of The Snow Storm

Dear Joe,

Just to let you know, that once again, for the 4th time during 2010, Lee Richardson, a local farmer came to my rescue, along with many others out in Pittsville/Willards way with his plow.  I had drifts of over 3 feet in my driveway and I couldn't get out to work.  My husband is disabled and I'm no spring chicken. 

The drifts were "walking" from the field next door, across my yard, through my driveways and across the road.  Once again, Lee showed up like a guardian angel and cleared a path for me to get to work the next day.  He shows up with a broad smile on his face, won't accept any money, and I know we are so glad to see him when he arrives. 

I didn't have my camera with me to send you a clip for this last snowstorm, but I wanted him to know my heartfelt thanks along with so many others in this area.

Carol Remsburg

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is exactly what American farmers are and always have been, good neighbors. I support them in everything they do because they're our foundation, NOT wallstreet, and definately not politicians with their ever bloated, wasteful bureaucracy. Americans need a hell of a lot less government, not MORE.

Anonymous said...

im glad to here that so many people helped each other out in the snow. on a side note, i live in city limits, have had my taxed raised even in this economy and they never plowed one inch of our neighborhood. in fact, it flooded out after the rain yesterday. thanks city of salisbury.

Anonymous said...

9:01 AM I agree with you less goverment not more. Our local farmer Wayne Tull does the same as Lee Richardson.Last year and this year Wayne was out before snow plows ever came, to help out the people of Whaleyville.My thanks goes out to all the farmers they are the backbone of our society.

Anonymous said...

Lee is so hot!!! He can "plow" my driveway anytime!

Anonymous said...

Lee has and always will have a very big heart. I have had the privalage of knowing the Richardson family for MANY years. They are what Eastern Shore farmers are all about. I am also blessed to come from one of those families! Thank God for farmers!