Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 03, 2011

Charley The Wal-Mart Greeter

Charley, a new retiree-greeter at Wal-Mart, just couldn't seem to get to work on  time.

Every day he was 5, 10, 15 minutes late.
But he was a good worker, really tidy, clean-shaven,
sharp-minded and a real credit to the company
and obviously demonstrating their
"Older Person Friendly" policies.
 
One day the boss called him into the office for a talk. "Charley, I have to tell you, I like your work ethic,
you do a bang-up job, but your being late
so often is quite bothersome." "Yes, I know boss, and I am working on  it."  "Well good, you are a team player.
That's what I like to  hear. It's odd though your coming in late.
I know you're retired from the Armed Forces.
What did they say if you came in late there?"





 
"They said,

"Good morning, Admiral, can I get you some coffee, Sir?"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep that sounds about right...

Anonymous said...

You got to love old folks..He doesn't even remember what branch of the service he was in...There is no rank of Admiral in the Air Force..hahahah. Now that is a funny joke

Anonymous said...

Check that..It says Armed Forces not air force..What a DA I am. I guess that is why I never served cause I can't read

Anonymous said...

Y'all may have missed the point. If you did a job in the past really good, great. If you were promoted and compensated for a job well done, great. On the other hand....

If you decide to sit on your A$$ simply because how you USED to perform and expect others to pay for your laziness, take a hike.

There are a lot of deserving Seniors out there more willing to be a greeter based upon their intended effort to do so than those that claim accomplishments of the past.

Anonymous said...

4:17 LOL!!! Thanks you made me laugh :-)

Anonymous said...

6:03 PM

Which grade are you in?

You sound so bitter to be so young.