Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, December 27, 2010

Please Help Your Neighbors

At 10:30 last night we had 9 requests to help seniors and handicapped individuals and I'm sure that will rise as the day goes on today.

We are only two individuals out trying to make a difference. There are many seniors who cannot remove the snow from their sidewalks or driveways. Many of you have the day off today, make a positive difference in someones life by getting out there and doing for someone else.

I'll be back some time this evening to catch up on Posts.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

by the looks of my last pay stub, i did.

Anonymous said...

I live in the Village at Parson's Lake in Salisbury. Let me tell you Joe, we have some amazing neighbors out here! Bless you and them!

Anonymous said...

joe, i want to thank you from the bottom of my heart, for clearin me a path way to the street and my mail box. you are truly one special man ,i was begining to panic on how i could get to the street to check my mail or my dr appts this week as you know i am on oxygen which makes it even harder because i have to carry the portable tank with me, thank god lo and behold go to salis. news

Anonymous said...

I was digging out some of my neighbors who could not and along came a man on a tractor. The man was Kenny Mills of Fruitland. He asked if he could help and who am I to refuse help. In 20 minutes he cleared out more than I could have all day. Then like a true neighbor he waved an d went down the street to help another. I wish to thank him on behalf of myself and my neighbors.

Lisa G said...

When you are helping out your neighbors/friends. Please be cautious when throwing the snow and not throw it on the other driveways. I have no one to help me, and don't want extra snow please....

Anonymous said...

thanks so much for all you offer to do to help people, including me. maryk

Anonymous said...

the residents of chestnut manor are digging their ownselves out disabled and all. the management and maintanace are nowhere to be found.

Anonymous said...

Management and maintenance finally clears the sidewalks at around 4pm when someone should have been doing it first thing in the morning after all they do come to work at 8am. Just thinking, we went through the same problem last winter and this year is a repeat. Where's the good help?