Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

'I'm Just A Little Girl,' She Pleaded

Elizabeth Smart: Kidnapper plotted for months, then came daily rapes

Salt Lake City, Utah (CNN) -- Elizabeth Smart will continue her testimony Tuesday in the federal kidnapping trial of Brian David Mitchell.

Mitchell told Smart he wanted her from the moment he first saw her, Smart told a captivated jury Monday.

He said he planned for months how he would snatch her so she could join him and his wife in a "celestial" plural marriage, Smart testified.

"He said they had been preparing for me since he saw me," she said.

It was the fall of 2001, and he was panhandling outside a mall in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah. Smart said she was with her mother and five brothers and sisters, shopping for school clothes.

"My mother gave gave him five bucks," Smart told told the jury. Mitchell was hired by her mother to fix a leaky skylight and rake leaves. Smart saw him around the house that fall but never spoke to him, she said.

Before dawn on June 2, 2002, she awoke to the sound of a man's voice and a cold sharp blade against her throat.

"I remember him saying, 'I have a knife to your neck. Don't make a sound. Get out of bed and come with me or I will kill you and your family,'" Smart testified.

He led her in her red silk pajamas up a trail into the rugged back country and over a ridge, hiking what she estimated to be three to five hours to a crude campsite. There, she said, he "sealed" her to him as his wife and raped her.

GO HERE to read more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another good reason for the DEATH PENALTY !!!!

Anonymous said...

11:07, in clear cut cases like this, I agree!!!!