Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Missing Goat UPDATE: "The goat is HOME!"

My daughter's little boer kid has apparently wandered off our farm on Riverside Drive Extended, near Sanborn Terrace and Old Mill Branch Road.

My daughter has looked for the goat all day without success.

She has raised this goat from birth; its mother died kidding. She named it Cossette after the little orphan girl in Les Miserables.

My daughter kept the goat inside in an old porta-crib and bottle-fed it until it was strong enough and the weather warm enough for it to go outside.

The goat has a nice shelter and pen and fenced pasture, but it also likes to graze near the house and my daughter frequently lets it out. It has never before left our property.

If any of your readers have seen it, please contact us.

Thank you.

Jeanne Gaetano


We have just received a very solid lead on the goat and hope to be able to bring it home tomorrow morning.
I will let you know as soon as we have brought her back.

Thank you for your help!
Jeanne


The goat is home.

She was so glad to see my daughter.

Thank yo so much for your help. The call came last night only a few hours after you posted.

I will try to send a photo later today.

Gratefully,

Jeanne

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE have a solid lead on the goat and hope to be able to bring it home tomorrow.
Thank you.
I will let you know tomorrow morning.
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Awww its adorable. Poor babies.

Anonymous said...

I pray that the little goat is found safe. That is a very priceless picture.

Cathy said...

that is the sweetest picture EVER! i really hope you find your goat. please update us.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Cathy. That picture is adorable!

Anonymous said...

"When she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors,
saying, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found the [goat] which I had lost!"

The goat is HOME!

Thank you all for your kind wishes.

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Awwww, so glad for this happy ending!