Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Theater Chain Fights Back Against Texting During Movies

I don't go to the movies much these days because I'm in NYC, and I don't want bedbugs crawling all over me like that scene in Peter Jackson's King Kong remake. But if I did go to the movies, I wouldn't, because the last several times I went there was always some fool texting within my line of sight. Now a theater chain based in Arizona is launching a nationwide campaign to try to get through to these self-involved types that texting in a darkened theater is wrong.

More »

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have given up going to the movies anyway. Too expensive and rarely worth it. We order through comcast and watch at home.

Anonymous said...

Now if you can just keep the people from talking through the whole movie. You all know what I am saying.

Anonymous said...

10am, I'm right there with you. A movie worth paying the price of admission comes out maybe once every quarter.

A redbox movie with a home cooked meal and my wife on the couch makes the perfect Sat. night! (the remnants of the 20 yr. old kid in me are screaming "what happened to you'?)