Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Walmart Parking Lot Jerk Today


Hello Joe. I have a story to tell you about Walmart parking lot today. My boyfriend and I were heading into the store shortly before noon. We were closer to the entrance near the Garden Department. As we headed up the aisle, we saw someone sitting in their car and thought that they were leaving. So we backed up and put our turn signal on. Out of no where this blue car came speeding up to us and started blowing their horn. I looked back and this guy was trying to go around us. It didn't like look these people were going to leave so we went ahead and pulled forward. We made a right and turned down the next aisle and this guy followed us following too close to us. Somebody was leaving so we put our turn signal on and waited for the people to back out. So here we go again, he started blowing the horn. My boyfriend got out and went and asked him what his problem was. He told him that he was trying to find a parking space and we didn't have his turn signal on. Uh, sorry yes we did considering when he was back there talking to him he clearly pointed it out that he did. So we pull into the parking space and this jerk goes speeding up the aisle blowing his horn the whole way. We got out of the car and started heading into the store. As we got up to the crosswalk area he had gone up the first aisle we had gone down and started blowing the horn and flipping us off. Mind you he was in the crosswalk section of Walmart while he was doing this. So he turns left down the next aisle and starts blowing the horn at someone else who was waiting for another car to pull out. It was at that point, I went out there and and took the attached picture. When I got into the store the greeter was telling someone else that the store manager had been made aware of it and was on the way out to him.

A few points I would like to make to Mr. MD Tag MCX847:

1. I don't think you need to go to Walmart, particularly on a Saturday. This is a very busy retail establishment and you can certainly expect people to wait for another vehicle to leave so they can have a parking spot.

2. Your aggressive behavior and tailgating is going to get you into trouble.

3. You sir are going to seriously hurt or kill someone with your obnoxious behavior, particularly since you were speeding through the parking lot and the crosswalk area with no regard for people, children or the elderly. How would you have felt if you would have hit a child today?

4. If you were in that much of a hurry, you should have parked in the first available spot, got your lazy a$$ out of the car and walked.

So Mr. MD Tag MCX847, the only thing left to say is you've just been blogged.

Beth

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see this kind of crap all the time. I get really pi$$ed when they park illegally and in Handicap spots, or right out in front where the fire lane is beacuse their a$$ is too lazy to walk like the rest of us. (think I may have a small case fo OCD about this) I think it would be GREAT for people to send in pictures of idiots doing stupid things. Don't know if it will help, but some people are such idiots, they deserve to be embarrased.

Anonymous said...

With all that happened this week, people like this (and really ALL of us) need to just SLOW DOWN, take our time, be patient with others and most importantly, PAY ATTENTION. We have no right to be so aggressive or unaware of others as it can quickly turn into a dangerous situation and in worst case scenario, take away a valued life.

Anonymous said...

You could have offered to have him sit in your car and wait for the parking space while you sat in his and blew the horn.

Anonymous said...

Iam not hearing anything a good old ass whipping could not take care of.

for what its worth said...

get up 5.30 am before the crowds and you do not have to deal with this ever

Anonymous said...

One word of advice: I've watched Judge Judy enough (and have my own common sense) to know not to get out of my car and go up to the offender's car to ask his problem. The description you give of his actions makes it clear that he does, indeed, have a problem. These days one never knows what such a maniac might do.

Anonymous said...

Those are the kind of drivers that worrry me always.
One of my sons is out there most days pulling carts. He has to be on guard evry second out there.
Sad thing is, he is not aloud to report that behavior until somebody does get hurt.

Anonymous said...

Easiest solution is park on the side of the building or at the lower portion of the parking lot. I have never understood why people want to kill each other over a parking spot! For goodness sake you are going to walk in the store so what is a few more steps in the parking lot going to hurt? A lot of people going into Walmart could use the exercise any how!

I do agree with the first comment, it irks me when people park in handicap spots for no reason. My father was disabled and it would ruffle my feathers when some butt was parked in handicap w/o reason which left my father with no choice but a painful walk across a lot.

Anonymous said...

the american gene pool needs to be thinned out

Anonymous said...

10:36 AM
You are correct that is just what would have happened in my day, But with all the freakin liberals and the politically correct out there we just have to deal with thease a&&holes. Wish it were the old days cause we would have shatched his ignorant little a&& out of that car and whopped his rear end and with a broken hand he coulden't blow his horn , if he had a car left. LOL

Anonymous said...

What about the chinese kid working all day for 2 dollars to supply wal-mart with junk, care about him.

Anonymous said...

I hate overly aggressive drivers as much as the next guy but come on, the picture taking and tattling to the blog stuff is getting out of hand. Every few days is a picture and a story about something trivial posted on here. Face reality, there are jerks everywhere you go, and the person with that type of narcissistic personality does not care that you posted his car's pic and tag #.

Rob S

Chimera said...

At the establishment where I work,people habitually use the spot marked for handicapped persons,even if there is an empty spot right next to it.Is it laziness or do they just not care? It bothers me because we actually DO have disabled customers who deserve that space.

Anonymous said...

What do you expect when you go to Walmart? Anymore all you see are angry people everywhere. They ride your tailgate, fly past you with their mandible sticking four inches out and they teeth in a grit, only to meet back up with you at the stop lights. And we wonder why our children are messed up and have no empathy?

Anonymous said...

This is what I see everyday around here on the Eastern Shore. Getting worse by the day. Not very friendly around here.

Anonymous said...

It is so sad, but 4:40 is right. There are angry people everywhere these days. I am trying very hard to make an effort to be nice. I even bought a cross to wear hoping it will help me to be a better person. I told the sales lady if it didn't work, I was coming back for a refund. We all had a good laugh and she wished me good luck. Sad time in our country.

Anonymous said...

Rob S. The reason I posted it is because I know for a fact that police officers read this blog every day. I know the guy wouldn't care; however, some of my police officer friends will. They are trying to do as much as possible to try to stop some of this aggressive behavior. I know there are jerks out there everywhere. I witness it every time I drive anywhere. Obviously many others have stories that are similar. Beth

Anonymous said...

IT'S WALMART BETH !!!WALMART!!!

lmclain said...

I've NEVER been at Wal-Mart (except around Christmas time) when there wasn't a parking space available. However, I AM there a lot when people (like Beth) will hold a line of traffic up while they (and everyone else behind them waits, too) for a parking space close to the entrance, so I thought it was a bit funny that she would call someone else a "lazy ass" when it seems to me (from her own statement) that it was HER lazy ass that didn't want to walk very far. Instead, she preferred to "look for someone who looked like they were leaving" and then wait for them....LOL...park further down the aisle and walk a little. Just because you put your turn signal on doesn't mean you get to make other people wait for YOU to get the parking spot of your choice. THATS selfish, arrogant, self-centered, and typical "the world revolves around me" attitude. I would also point out that Beth did the "put my turn signal on and wait" TWICE....again, park a little further down and walk (and from what I see at Wal-Mart, there's a WHOLE LOT of people that could use a little more walking...lol!!)

citygoer said...

Thank you 5:27 for saying that. I, too, noticed the same thing. People here, arent normal.