Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, May 31, 2010

God, Can You Do Me This Favor?

Cindy: Hi God, it's me again.

God: Hi Cindy, always nice to hear from you.

Cindy: God, I have another favor to ask.

God: What is it this time my friend?

Cindy: Well, today is Memorial Day.

God: Yes, I know and am glad you remembered.

Cindy: I have asked for many favors in the past for family and friends.

God: I see. So, this favor is for yourself this time?

Cindy: Yes God

God: You don't usually ask for favors for yourself. Have I not given you enough?

Cindy: Yes God and I thank you. But this favor is special.

God: I'll be the judge of that.

Cindy: What I am asking for is impossible.

God: Nothing is impossible.

Cindy: My favor is, I just wish I could somehow thank every man and woman who has fought for ME in the past and will still be in the future and for allowing me the freedom that I love so much!

God: Cindy, you already have and are still thanking them as we speak.

Cindy: How is that God?

God: Cindy, I am standing by your side right this minute and I see the tears on your face as we speak. I am feeling your every emotion and know how thankful you are. Just by talking to me, your voice has been heard by many who are already here and I will pass your words on to those who are still there for you.

Cindy: Thank you God.

God: No Cindy, thank you. This favor is on me and will be granted.

Cindy: Amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe,

Thanks for that story it meant a lot to me. Having a brother in law, and two nephews over seas I can say. God Bless our troops and God Bless America.

Anonymous said...

For those that liked this... you should read Mark Twain's "War Prayer".