Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Community Sponsorship

Hi Joe,

I am very much in need of your help! I am a new director for Eastern Shore Junior Miss, which funds scholarships for high school juniors to continue their education. Our program is completely non-profit and all funds generated come strictly from community sponsorships. This year we have had sponsors fall through and we have not been able to meet our scholarship needs for the 6 girls competing April 10. I would hate to cancel this event because of a lack of funds. It is my hope I can generate enough sponsorships to find the scholarships needed for these college-bound girls. The 6 girls competing are all from the Eastern Shore. Below is the letter I have sent out to sponsors:


My name is Jessica Haden and I am the local director for the Eastern Shore Junior Miss Program. The ESJM program is a non-profit 501(C) program that funds scholarships for high school juniors in our local area. The ESJM is a preliminary to Maryland’s Junior Miss. Since 1933, Americas Junior Miss has contributed $33 Billion in scholarships for college-bound girls. This is the first year we have brought this program to the Eastern Shore and we are so excited to give girls in the area the opportunity to compete and win scholarship money to continue their education.


The ESJM program is completely free for the contestants to enter and is funded solely by community donations through scholarships. All officials, including myself, are strictly volunteers. Donations we receive from the community go directly to cover production costs and fund scholarships.


I am writing to you today to see if you would be interested in making a contribution to our scholarship fund. Without support from local businesses, our program would not be possible. I have attached two sponsorship forms that you can look over and if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. You can also learn more about our program by visiting http://www.easternshorejuniormiss.org%20or/ the national site at http://www.ajm.org/. My email and phone are listed below.


I thank you for your time in reviewing this information and sincerely hope you will consider sponsoring these young ladies who wish to further their education.

Thanks for all you do!

Warmest Regards,

Jessica L. HadenChairman,

Eastern Shore's Junior Miss

http://www.easternshorejuniormiss.org/

(410) 726-6248

No comments: