Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Time To Get To Work


This morning we will get our things together and hit the streets. Our goal is to reach as many of you as we can to clear a path for you to access the road. Mind you, we will only be doing so for those most in need. Elderly, ill and handicap people.

If you fit the above category, call me at 410-430-5349. We will do our best to get to your home and clear a path for you.

I encourage ALL of you to do what you can to help your neighbor. You know who they are and you know they cannot do it on their own.

All that being said, (unless I get help) comments will not be moderated for quite some time. I'll check in here and there.

I should add: My friend Bruce Hunter from Bruce's Billiards will be picking me up and helping me throughout the day. Every time we do things like this, Bruce is always the very first to volunteer.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took a "test" walk trying to see how bad it was because we have not been plowed or shoveled yet. What would normally be a 6 second or less walk to the parking lot took me almost 15 minutes because I got stuck! The snow was up to my knees and higher in places. I had to actually reach down to the back of my knees to lift my foot out to take the next step. Was stuck 2 times in the snow like a human snowman...lol At least I didn't fall this time..the snow was deep enough to keep me upright but I did wobble a few times!
Cindy W.

Anonymous said...

Saw you on Camden, just above South Blvd. at noon.

terrestialfan said...

the Bible is a wonderful tool to whup the non-Christians with; but what drives it's truth home to the unbelievers is kind acts like that.

Mark said...

Joe, you looked good today running the snow blower. As always your friend, Mark

Tim, Salisbury said...

Hats off to you and Bruce. Great act of kindness.

Anonymous said...

Great job you guys! It's so great to see that others still care enough to help those in need.