Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Delmar Is A Beautiful Place To Live


Joe,

I just wanted to tell you how wonderful it is to live in Delmar (I live on the Maryland side). I went out to start the big dig out & all the neighbors were out doing the same. It turns out that I live in such a great place that we all helped each other & got it done. I just feel so blessed to live in a community where we can all work together. Just thought you would like to hear how much I appreciate Delmar.

I additionally want to say thanks for your blog it has been a great way for me to always know what's going on. My parents live in Annapolis and they check the blog everyday (actaully several times a day). My dad says he is addicted to it. Your blog has been a great way for my dad to always know what is going on here. I am 31, but he still feels like he needs to check on his "little girl". You rock Joe!

Thanks, Christine in Delmar

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christine, it's great how all of you worked together to dig each other out. All neighborhoods should be that way. Joe and Bruce dug me out today. Now my dogs can go outside to slip and slide.

I know that feeling of always being my folks "little girl". I'm 45, I don't dare try to tell them that. My brothers now come to Joe's blog all the way from FL to see whats going on and if I'm behaving.

Kimmie

Anonymous said...

Please cherish the relationships you have. They create wonderful memories to help you get thru life.

Anonymous said...

It would be nice to see some of this help to the elderly in the Nutters Crossing development. There are many in there that are unable to shovel or have someone that will do it for them. There is no charity there. Some of us at the sweet age of 60 and over that were taught we are our bother's keeper, what has happened to the younger ones that are being raised today by parents, who provide too many "play" things for them to do when it snows. When some of us were younger we helped the elderly and never asked, do I have to do it, we just did it!!

Anonymous said...

Which part of Delmar do you live in. We didn't have that kind of help on my street. If anything the town of Delmar guys made my job harder. After I dug out my car they plowed it back up again.