Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, November 30, 2009

How's This For A Scam E-Mail

Dear Friend,

I am a marine officer with the United States troop in Iraq on war against
terrorism. Based on the United States legislative and executive decision for
withdrawing troops from Iraq come this year and finally 2011,I am therefore
compounded to seek means to transfer my foutune out of here in Iraq. Our mission
is to help beef up security in terrorist targeted states, mostly the United
States and the European Union on the war against terrorism. I will be needing
your help for myself that is why i contacted you.

On the other hand i want to inform you that I have in my possession the sum of
$14.2million USD($14,200,000) cash. On the early hours of 4th September 2009 I
lost a friend whom I had known for 12years during one of these confrontations.
It was a very sad day but at about 1100hrs during a normal inspection routine
along Haifa Street, at the building that was occupied by the late Saddam Hussein
while he was still alive and one of the hide outs of the Al Qaeda and Ayman
al-Zawahiri forces. I, along side with 3 of my men proceeded to a marked site
and as I commenced evaluation under close guard by my men, I discovered an
unusual bulge in a cellar, which I presumed to be storage room and as I
proceeded to have a closer look at it, I kicked a metal covering and found
several metal boxes (8 in number) Piled on top each other and locked with a
padlock. On forcing the boxes open, we discovered several armored weapons
including bullets. One of the boxes was filled with hard drugs
(heroine) and four to my amazement was filled with money.
On discovery of this money,I with the three of my men for hours counted bundles
of the currencies which amounted to about $57.5M
after which we shere the money and I got $14.2m.

I am ready to share 70/30 for your assistance, 70% for me which I intend to use
in the establishment of a Hospital Complex in the United States my Homeland. and
30% for you

Regards,
Edward Smid
Email: capt.edwardsmid@gmail.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

how is it different than any of the other scams? just different people/scenerio involved.

Anonymous said...

What, did this boob just finish watching "Three Kings" and decide that it was time for another internet scam?
I always look forward to seeing the bad spelling, foreign use of caps and weird grammar in these.

Anonymous said...

And if it was from a military member, why wouldnt they use their military email?

Anonymous said...

I forward any of this type of scam to "phishing@irs.gov" I ususally get a confirmation email back that it will be investigated.

Fallguy51 said...

This has been around the 'Net for sometime in varying forms. Probably run by the same guys that do the "nigerian" e-mail scam...