Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, October 08, 2009

Today's Update

Good Morning:

I can't thank each and every one of you enough for your kind wishes, prayers and offerings.

I had a wonderful day with my Mother yesterday. They did stabilize her condition quite a bit but unfortunately that too will be short lived. All of her children were there yesterday to spend one on one and family time with Mom and you have no idea the relief we all shared when Mom would smile. She knows what we're saying, she simply can't respond very well.

We spoke with her Doctor this morning and while they had higher hopes two weeks ago, the cancer is spreading at a very rapid speed and he is recommending we take her home and work with Hospice.

What I'd like to share most with all of you is the peace we all have with my Mother's condition. You see, Mom has dedicated her life to serving God and others. Mom retired some 20 years ago and has spent full time ever since volunteering at a Pro Life Center in Annapolis. I could spend hours telling you all of the things she has accomplished but I think it's best said by the Priest that came to see her yesterday. He said, Mary, one thing I can guarantee you is that you'll spend less than 1.5 seconds in purgatory. Mom just smiles and whispered, I know.

That being said, I have a lot to do in a very short period of time. I will again be in Annapolis today and while I'd love to respond to all of the e-mail messages so many of you have been kind enough to send, please accept my apologies for not doing so and know I appreciate each and every one of you.

I'd like to add, my very dear friend Kimmie Marshall is also in the Hospital. Kimmie experienced a heart attack after recently losing her Step Father and her Brother. God Bless this woman, she called me from the Hospital to let me know why she hadn't been in contact with me but wanted to know how my Mother was doing and was there anything she could do for us.

While your prayers have certainly gifted the Albero Family with more quality time with Mom, please share your prayers with Kimmie. Again, thank you everyone and don't you worry, we'll be back as good as new in the very near future.

8 comments:

Chuck Adams said...

Joe, You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers (as well as Kimmie).

Alex said...

Stay strong.

H.Cnirg said...

Good wishes to youR famIly duriNg these hard times. Can and will pray for Her.

Anonymous said...

Joe, you and I dont like one another .That being said you have my sympothy during this time


T.M.

dogg said...

Joe...there is no need to apologize to us for anything. You are where you need to be. You, your mother and your entire family are in my thoughts. Please drive safety on your trips up there and back.

dogg

Chimera said...

Spend all the time you can with her now,sharing memories and just being close.

Anonymous said...

Joe spend all the time you can. Moms are very special to us. You and your family are in my thought and prayers. Dont worry about us we will be just fine. We know that you will be back when the time is right. Take care of your self and family.

Anonymous said...

Bless you. Bless your Mom. Bless your family. And Bless Kimmie.

Amen.