Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Atlantic Circulation

Joe,

I don't know if you have ever posted anything about Atlantic Circulation before. I thought you might want to let your readers know about them because they were in the area last night and may still be. A couple of teenagers came to my apartment in Marley Manor and convinced me to buy a magazine subscription from them. I had a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach and later on I researched the company. Apparently these kids take your money and you never see a single magazine nor can you get your money back. I am embarrassed to send this because I have been scammed. I don't know if I am more angry at the company or myself for being an idiot. I figured you might be able to save a lot of people from this since you have a lot of readers.

Thank you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, it wasnt wellfare recipients.
must have been some rich little college kids running a scam?

Anonymous said...

I think they came here last year where I live in an apartment complex. I opened the door and politely said no to their magazine subscriptions. He was persistant so I said, Let me get your picture on my cell phone and if I don't get the magazines later on, I can at least identify you. He almost slammed the door shut in My face from his side and ran like hell!

Anonymous said...

I had a kid come over to me at my house also, when i said i didnt have he money he asked me why!!!!! and then he asked me for a drink!!!

Little River Princess said...

Only buy from a neighborhood kid you know at least fairly well, that attends a local school.