Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, August 08, 2009

A Message Referencing Dr. Jose Alvarado


"I was praying for Dr. Alvarado & his family this morning & I started think what an positive impact this man has had on so many people & the Community.

Then I thought why do we wait to tell the people we love, admire & have a made a difference in our life & we cherish them. Why do we wait until it might be too late? Wouldn't they want to know they made a huge difference in someone's life and that it is a positive one. What a gift to be able to know that.

We never know what the day may bring but I try to always tell those I love and care about that I love them so if I am not blessed with that chance again they will at least know how much I loved them.

Could you please find out an update for Dr. Alvarado."


Folks, I know each and every one of you want to know what's going on with Dr. Alvarado, as do I. However, one Blogger has made it just about impossible to get any updated information and while I refuse to mention their name, I'm sure you can guess who that person might be.

His selfless acts have caused thousands of people to sit on the edge of their seats and while Salisbury News was getting regular updates, the information has come to a complete halt.

I also know there are many rumors as I have been receiving a ton of phone calls, text messages and e-mails asking of what they had heard was true. I'd like to answer these questions for each and every one of you but out of respect for the Family I have refrained from doing so until they give the go ahead.

So rest assure that as soon as we get the word we will inform you immediately. In the mean time, please keep Dr. Alvarado and the entire Family in your thoughts and prayers through this difficult time.

7 comments:

dinosaur said...

Your premature announcement of the doctors death probably had as much to do with the information/media situation as anything else. You have always told others to "own it" when they make a mistake; now I believe it is your turn to admit your rush to get the news out was a mistake.

Anonymous said...

I respect the fact that everyone loves Dr. Alvarado. I understand how eager everyone is to hear of his condition, as are we (he is our pediatrician as well).

I just don't understand why people are making it their personal mission to spread rumors and demand information. Have some compassion, people. This isn't a story. It's not any of our business what is going on in the personal lives of this family. It's not a gossip column. This is a real live human being and his family.

Please use your energy more productively in prayer. Regardless of Dr. A's condition or the outcome of this terrible accident, one thing is a definite -- the family needs prayer. Please be considerate of Dr. Alvarado's closest loved ones.

Anonymous said...

Break the Ice with a religious video for the Doc, Elvis Glory, Glory...

Anonymous said...

Well said. We do need to thank those who are important to us and tehll our loved ones taht they are loved every chance we get. Life can be fleeting. I am praying for Dr. A's full recovery. It is a shame that the another blogger (one who knows no bounds) has stopped people who care from coming to your site for information and hope.

Ask anyone, anytine there is a crisis SBYNews is the place to go for current updates and to share thoughts. That is a good thing when used properly. Thank you Joe.

Dr. A and family we are praying hard and would appreciate an update because we care deeply for all of you.

Anonymous said...

Joe,
Really, can you expect any different regarding the updates? Anyone who would so negligently post that the poor man had passed on CAN'T expect that the family would continue to communicate with you?!?!?

Thank you for confirming that you won't have anymore information coming in regarding his condition - that's the only reason I was continuing to come here.
So long,
LA in Delmar

Anonymous said...

Joe you keep up the great work. I admire you took ownership of the pre-mature announcement. PRMC had announced it to the staff and was already planning the memorial before he landed in Balt.
I as well kept checking sbynews for updates. Why? Because I know you will give us the news faster and tell us the truth.
My prayers are with the family.
God Bless you all and remember to celebrate the man he was and how loved he is.

Anonymous said...

Joe, I agree with what "dinosaur" wrote and also the first paragraph (but not the second)of what "LA in Delmar" wrote.I commend you for at least being man enough to post a few views that don't agree or flatter you(unlike another blog by a person named JT who doesnt have the courage to ever post an opposing view.)