Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, August 08, 2009

Former Jack Daniel's Master Distiller Dies At 69


NASHVILLE, Tennessee

Jimmy Bedford, the slender and silver-haired former master distiller of the Jack Daniel's whiskey during a 40-year career with the company, died Friday. He was 69.

His body was found outside a barn at his farm in Lynchburg, apparently the victim of a heart attack, company officials said.

Bedford retired in March 2008 after spending 20 years as the master distiller supervising the entire operation at the 143-year-old distillery in Lynchburg, the oldest registered one in the United States. Among his duties was tasting the whiskey before it was sent to retailers.

GO HERE to read more.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where do I send my application to fill this vacancy?

Anonymous said...

Stopped drinking Jack Daniels when they added more water to their finished product. They said they did it because their customers wanted to drink more responsibly, anyone with brains knows they did it to make more money.

Chimera said...

Jack Daniels watered down? Try Evan Williams Black,just as good.

Orsonwells said...

I quit drinking Jack Daniels, too, just last night.

Waiting for 5:00....

Anonymous said...

Orsonwells:
Please have one for me as I am working. I may be a "girl" but Jack is my MAN! Bottoms up my friend....

countrygirl@heart