Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, July 06, 2009

Wireless Issues

I hope everyone enjoyed a nice 4th of July weekend. We had an unbelievable time in Willards. We arrived at 11:15 AM after spending time at the Tea Party and I have to tell you, it was so nice to totally get away from the Blog for an entire day.

We got home around 11:30 PM and I didn't even go to the computer. When I got up Sunday morning to check things out, my Wireless Card was fried. I called Verizon and they told me they had a new update and all I had to do was log in to Verizon and update the program and I'd be all set. However, these Idiots forgot that you have to have an active Wireless Card, (for the most part) to get on line.

Some people at Verizon say you have to have access and others say you can do so without it being active, go figure. Nevertheless, I went into the Verizon Store yesterday for them to get me up to speed and when I left they had me feeling confident everything was going to be just fine.

Upon arriving back home I eagerly plugged it in and wouldn't you know it, I had one bar and it keeps kicking off line every 5 minutes or so. Needless to say, I wasn't happy. I called Technical Support again and walked through all sorts of tests only to be told I needed an update card, my antenna is supposedly fried.

So things might be a little slow until I get my new card on Tuesday but I'm sure we'll get by. Downloading pictures is a major bummer because they take forever, (feels like being back on dial up) and sometimes they load, sometimes they don't. So we'll see what happens and I'll do my best to keep Posts rolling.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not a very difficult work around. Free wifi is offered all over the place. You connect there and get your updates.

Also, since these cards can connect from any location, why didn't you take your laptop to Verizon and verify the connection before you left?

joealbero said...

Laptop is in the shop.

Anonymous said...

I'm having issues with my Comcast wireless. Anyone else? Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

Take it to Express Tech on the south side of town on rt 13. They do awesome work and are quick. I had a similar problem a couple weeks ago.