Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, July 17, 2009

OCPD ADVISORY: Check Bank Statements For "CHEAPEST THEME.COM" SCAM!!!


The OCPD is warning citizens to watch your bank statements for any surprise debits from "www.Cheapestthemes.com". Several people are reporting that their bank statement was debited with the amounts of $2.81 and $4.81 and $6.81.

If you "google" the company "Cheapest Themes" you will find a few links. The site itself doesn't allow you to send them email, and the phone number listed immediately forwards to a recording.

If you have been a victim of www.cheapestthemes.com then contact your bank and explain that there has been fraudulent activity within your account and you did not authorize "Cheapest Themes" to charge you. Different banks will have different policies regarding the action that will be taken in the event that you were charged.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know why OC? Wonder if these people bought something from them, then the company took more money? I guess they did little amounts so hopefully the victims would pay too much attention to it!

Anonymous said...

i had a simular situation happen where soemone was able to get my debit info and ran small amounts and drained the checking account for over 500 dollars. it was found by BBT and they took care of me and replaced the funds. They found that the small amount was the "ante" for online poker and they used my account to play online poker. To bad they didnt win maybee my account could have been more..... lol!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I live in Salisbury and saw the charge on my bank statement this morning. I did use my atm card at a OC parking meter on Wednesday. I wonder if the 2 are connected?

Anonymous said...

I was just hit by an OC based scam charge titled, "Cupcake Creations, Ocean City MD" - WATCH OUT!

Anonymous said...

I live in SE Conneticut and my credit card company actually flagged this fraud on my account. I rarely use the card for internet purchases so even with the small amount ($4.81 in my case)it came up as unusual. I have no connection to OC, so who knows how the account was compromised.

Anonymous said...

I'm from CT, and just noticed a $6.81 charge from cheapestthemes on my online statement.

Second time I have been hacked in the past two months. Notified the local PD in the first incident due to the amount of money that they tried to transfer from my account via Paypal, and three strange messages left behind on house phone, same day, from "unknown caller."