Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, June 13, 2009

It's A Dog's Life

Hi,

My name is Squirt and I'd like to share with you and your readers what it's like to be a dog. I'm not a show dog or a champion on paper but my people think I am the best thing since sliced bread. I lived at the Wicomico Humane Society for awhile, until Linda Lugo found my family. Linda could not have sent me better people to care for, we are a perfect fit. So, to Linda Lugo, 3 barks and a big slurp for you.

My day started out as normal. I got out of bed around 9:00 a.m.,I like to sleep in. Around 11:30 I was asked if I wanted to go for a ride. Well of course I want to go, everyone knows dogs love to ride. My people had a surprise for me, we stopped by Cathy's Pet Salon and Spa. Oh joy, a dream come true, a day of pampering at the spa. How could I possibly turn down a luxurious bubble bath in a hydrosurge/whirlpool tub?



Ahhhh this bather really knows how to give a girl a massage. I feel invigorated, rejuvenated and oh so relaxed. I think she used Lavender in my bath? I am going to have to get her name.



What is a day at the spa without a manicure and a pedicure? Cassandra wasted no time trimming, buffing, polishing my nails. What good is a manicure/pedicure if you're not going to go all the way and have nail art applied? Don't they look great? Hmmm, Nail Art by Cassandra, has a nice ring to it. She even massaged my paws, now that is service?



After spending most of the day at the Spa it was time for me to go home with my people. I was happy to see them when they picked me up. I couldn't wait to show off my shiny coat and nail art. It's a shame my daddy didn't pick me up, he would have bought a piece of beautiful jewelry and maybe that fur trimmed jacket I had my eyes on, maybe next time.

It's been a long day and a girl like me needs her beauty rest.



Linda Lugo, how ya like me now? Eat your heart out girls.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute.

Anonymous said...

We treat animals better than people in this country.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Squirt. Will your family adopt me? Please?

Anonymous said...

They are our children with fur coats.

Anonymous said...

Neat Story-----Wonderfully written,
& Best of All------ A Great Ending for this rescue! EW

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Brenda at Cathy's Pet Salon is my baby's groomer and they are tops over there, Cassy outdid herself with the Puppycure. If you need your kitty cat or puppy pampered and treated like the four pawed kings and queens they are, this is the place to take them. No, I don't work for them, just a long time satisfied customer that thinks the world of them.

Anonymous said...

Cassandra has been giving our dog spa treatments for years! She and all the staff at Cathy's are great!
How cute!

Jane said...

An adorable article! My doggie sees Christy at Cathy's Pet Salon and she is wonderful!! She turned a scared puppy into a real trooper!! Everyone there is so nice!

Anonymous said...

Boy, I think I will take my ole guy over there! No nail polish, but I bet he would luv that massage on his old tired bones.

Anonymous said...

Sweet sexy gal, glad she got a good home. She looks happy even taking a bath.

Giving my dogs a bath is like taking away their birthdays.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, 11:33, there's plenty of abuse to go around for animals in this country. Yes, some get pampered, but look at how many are abandoned or abused.

Same is true for children.

I'd be willing to bet Squirt's family is charitable toward two-legged creatures as well.

I'm happy for the dog. The alternative would not have been good.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the great comments! Squirt enjoyed every minute of her spa treatment! She was a very willing client. We are running a special for the summer: Add a 1/2 day daycare to your grooming appointment for only $10.00 (Proof of shots from vet and daycare agreement needed for daycare)Cathy from Cathy's Pet Salon, Spa & Doggie Daycare!