Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, June 06, 2009

The Duggar's At Salisbury Sam's Club





Joe,

We have never sent any info to you before, but this was too good to keep to ourselves. The Duggar family from TLC's "18 Kids and Counting" was at the Salibury Sam's Club. We spotted their silver bus while we were getting ready to get gas. I told my wife their was somebody famous on that bus, and darn it, the Duggar family began to pour out of the bus.

We drove over and spoke to them and they were super friendly. Jim Bob, the dad, even came over and introduced himself to my wife and I. As more children piled out of the bus, they climbed and hung on to the door of the car as my wife was showing pictures of our dogs to Johannah and Jackson. They nearly climbed inside. Johannah advised that she wanted to be a Mommy when she grows up and Jackson wants to be a police officer.

Jim Bob, was kind enough to oblige us with a couple of photos. If we knew we were going to meet famous people at the Salisbury Sam's Club, we would have put on better clothes.

Oh, yeah. They were in town attending one of Jim Bob's cousins' wedding this weekend. We also met Grandma Duggar.

Tim & Amy Gonzales
Salisbury, MD

Editors Note: Thanks Tim & Amy. Jennifer and I did get over there in time to snap off a crappy shot from my cell phone, we were out to dinner, (almost next door) when you called. I'm glad you got the photos but the Family was honking and waving as they pulled out of Sam's Club. Another Salisbury News Exclusive.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I was even at Sam's Club today and missed them. What an Amazing Family! Wish I had run into them.....

Anonymous said...

They have cousins that live in Salisbury. Went to high school with one.

Anonymous said...

no clue who they are.

Anonymous said...

Wow! We were at Sams and saw this man walk over to the eating area with a TON of kids. I didn't know who they were, but thought they must be either saints or nuts to have that many children. LOL. Thanks for sharing this story! Now I have made a new connection.

Anonymous said...

Oh neat! Thanks for covering this. Google them if you don't know who they are.

Anonymous said...

Sams is a smart place to go for lunch when you have to order hotdogs for 18 kids and 2 adults. Any place else and it would have cost them what I spend on grocery's a week to buy lunch for that crew.

Saints they are.

Kimmie264 said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

There's another wedding coming up in Cambridge. The family and crew from Jon & Kate plus Eight will be attending it. Wonder which parent will show up with the kids.

Anonymous said...

Thats just plain kewl, thanks for sharing this!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! They are such a great Christian family.

Anonymous said...

It is a refreshing amazing show about thier family. I like to watch them and Jon & Kate plus eight.
May they conitinue to practice what they preach.
JOn & Kate are in my prayers and they are going through what many of us have gone through. It is only different because they are on tv. Bless you all.

Anonymous said...

Johanna is gorgeous

Anonymous said...

I'm a Christian- but I think they are strange. Give me Jon and Kate any day.

Anonymous said...

Jon and Kate are cons who are exploiting their 8 beautiful, innocent children for the glory of the almighty dollar. gag.

Anonymous said...

I saw Michelle, Jim Bobs mom and a couple of the older daughters Saturday morning in the Walmart in Cambridge getting groceries. The girls were very attractive. I had to do a double take at first when I saw them.

Jim Bob's Cousin said...

I love it that there were "Duggar sightings" at Walmart and Sam's Club given the fact that they are from NW Arkansas, home of Sam Walton! They were here for my daughter's wedding in Cambridge and reception in Salisbury. It was wonderful to have them make the long trip! TLC did not follow them here, but you will see footage of their DC trip prior to venturing across the Bay. :-) They are now back at the Bates' home in TN assisting in a large addition to the Bates' home.

Anonymous said...

Wish I knew who they were. Maybe I should watch tv other than sports and news again.