Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, May 29, 2009

Awesome Senior Moment


An elderly woman was behind me getting off the escalator and a young (20-ish) female protester offered her a pamphlet, which she politely declined.

The young protester put her hand on the old woman's shoulder as a gesture of friendship and in a very soft voice said, 'Lady, don't you care about the children of Iraq?'

The old woman looked up at her and said, 'Honey, my father died in France during World War II, I lost my husband in Korea , and a son in Vietnam . All three died so you could have the right to stand here and bad mouth our country. If you touch me again, I'll stick this umbrella up your ass and open it!'

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is freaking great I love IT. Best Post OF THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reconciled1 said...

I love old people

Anonymous said...

And there's the problem. Caring about children in Iraq isn't "bad mouthing" your country.

Anonymous said...

And you are a whining liberal 12:53