Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Humane Society Update


I had received an e-mail yesterday from a loyal reader asking what had happened to the Posts about the Humane Society. I had replied explaining how I speak to Linda Lugo on a regular basis and it was with great pleasure that I share the following. The Humane Society has been so overwhelmed with people coming in regularly that they cannot keep dogs in their inventory. Mind you, they do have dogs there to be adopted but because of the marketing of these animals on Salisbury News, people are going to the Humane Society to adopt an animal more so than going out and buying a dog at a puppy mill and so forth. I can assure you, as soon as the Humane Society gets a large amount of dogs in stock they'll be in contact with us and share photos so everyone can see what's available. Being that the Humane Society is an out of the way kind of place to go, it's tough to run a business where you arrive and there's next to nothing there.


Thank God and all of YOU, these animals are finding very loving homes and families. Do keep in mind, the Humane Society can always use your help. The animals there need daily walks and friendly faces to say hello. If you have the free time to volunteer please don't hesitate to contact them. They're closed on Sunday and Monday but here's their number (410-749-7603). I thought I'd share their response to my reply.



"Remarkable just won't cover it Joe. That is such wonderful news to hear!! Bet your readers would get as much pleasure out of hearing that update as I did!!


It amazed me by posting pics of & info about the animals on your site ---the marvelous response there was!! I couldn't wait to see how many pets had been adopted the next day when you were posting regularly.


One person truly can & HAS made a difference------------------I know the Humane Society will be forever grateful for the magnitude of help & hope you have given them & the homeless animals they have to deal with daily.


I personally want to thank you for the interest & concern you have shown . Encouraging people to get their new pets from the Humane Society ,or others that offer rescue homes, help stamp out the deplorable puppy mills & give a homeless animal the 2nd chance they so deserve. You have done just that!!


AS the ASPCA says , "We are their voice". ------ and-----You , Joe, have spoken well!!!!!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Also, I was out there the other day and saw they had a pair of doves, too! Dogs and cats aren't the only pets available! If you are looking for a special pet, call them and maybe you could get on a waiting list.

Anonymous said...

This has made my heart smile this morning!! Thanks for the update!!

Anonymous said...

Please visit the newly transformed website of the Humane Society. It's very well done.

Anonymous said...

post pics of cats they need homes too!