Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dave Suiter "On The Road Again"






Hi Folks,

Today I left Portland a little late. Slept in thanks to nice evening with my old friend Art and his family.

Headed east along Olympia River on I84/US30 parts of which are still called the Oregon Trail. Parts of old 30 are still there through the little towns along the way. Spoke to gent while gassing up and he said most of old 30 lay on top of original Trail.

As I went east, country side started to look more like Utah and Nevada that I rode a few days ago. One thing I noticed was that they are really ahead of us as far as wind generated power. I think I rode 20 miles and somewhere along the bluffs were wind turbines 100s of them!

Also, out of Portland were miles of tree farms, groves and vineyards as well as usual farm crops. Art mentioned last night that Portland area is right behind Napa Valley in wine production. Most of that farmland is irrigated either by drainage or spray. Some beautiful country.

PICS:
Olympia River east of Portland

Multonmah Falls along I84/ US30 looking east

Eastern OR looking SE towards Idaho

I passed these folks and wanted so bad to get a pic. I stopped at rest stop and what to my wondering eyes should appear??????? Hippie vans!! One VW pulling the other. Saw 4 kids without shoes (46 degrees) and man with Jesus shoes on. Didn't see mom!

Someone asked for pic of the bike!! Here tis!! 2006 Honda ST1300 Sport Tourer. V-4 shaft drive. Cruise 85 all day!! Takes a lickin', keeps on tickin'. Best bike I have ever owned. Smooth, Quiet and reliable.

Stopped in Burley, ID tonight. Hope to be in Indiana Monday 1700 miles to Indy and another 710 to home. Winds were gusty today so feel somewhat worn out. Hot shower and BenGay before turning in.

GPS is routing me down I 84 to I 80 east to I 74 and into Indy. I do not like to ride Interstates but I am ready to get home.

Dave

6 comments:

Moon Willow said...

I had to catch my breath at the sight of that waterfall. Beautiful! I simply must get to Oregon one day to see that. Thanks, dave!

Anonymous said...

Most interesting to have a guided
tour of out country!!!

Do this again!

Anonymous said...

we have a picture that looks just like that waterfall that was taken in OR it's called horsetail fall....I loved it out there!! it was hot out when we were there but it was pleasant because the humidity was very low....

Anonymous said...

God Speed Friend! Thanks for the awesome photos! Have a safe journey!

Anonymous said...

How is your Butt feeling? lol

Anonymous said...

we visited multanomah falls about 10 years ago. it is breath taking, thanks for reminding me how awesome our country is.