Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, March 07, 2009

The Salisbury Daily Times Is A Waste Of Time And Money


Click here, more here, read more, more local news. Give me a break! It's no wonder they're folding faster than the Press can bend each page.
Top two main stories, local basketball. Someone was kind enough to give me yesterday's paper and I just couldn't believe my eyes. I thought the Real Estate Section came out on a different day, not Friday?
I guess they knew they'd have no real news for Friday so they better make the paper look thicker by slipping in those houses NO ONE is buying anyway. That is, except for Richard Insley.
Then what I did see on line today was mostly repeat news from yesterday. Come on guys, all you have to do is snoop around. I mean, look into the Devenyns story. Oh, that's right, that's work, I forgot that you don't do investigative reporting.
Westover Police & Fire Reports? Not for nothing Folks but I couldn't even tell you where Westover is. Oh, don't forget to turn your clocks ahead. My guess would be, IF Salisbury News doesn't mention it soon, lots of people will be late for work because no one reads the Daily Times any more, LOL.
Here at Salisbury News, we FEED you so many stories each day, yet you pick and choose what you'll push for old lady Tilghman. Oh well, it won't be long now.
By the way, what's with the front page news, then Shore Life and then the Business section all in the front section of a two part newspaper? Sorry guys but that paper really sucks any more. Should I re post this on Monday so the majority of their staff will at least see it? We all know they're off on weekends now. They have to give you these itty bitty papers all week to save up something, anything, for the Sunday Paper.
OH, how about their now trying to compete with WBOC & WMDT? I tried that video thing once. Although I'm on high speed, that thing dragged, stopped, waited, then started up again, stopped, dragged and waited again, NO THANKS! They're getting worse, not better. Their video link should be called, "Less News In More Time."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone was kind enough to give you yesterdays "DD."!!

It takes a cruel person to deliberately give another person the "DD." Unless of course you collect them for use in your bird cages, to help start fires, to soak up liquids, put in the floor board of you vehicle while you wait for the mats to dry, to wrap fragile items for packing.

Joe, got and idea, lets start a contest to see who can come up the most unusual or funny way to use the "Daily Disappointment."

retired cop and loyal NRA member

Anonymous said...

To make matters worse, whenever we go to the delmarva now website our computer gets pop-up ads and I think adware that stays on the computer until you do a spysweep or something. Maybe it's not them, but it seems like it's always after we went there. It doesn't happen with WBOC, WMDT or this website, so the delmarvanow is now our last choice of the 4.

Thanks for not allowing that stuff.

joe albero said...

anonymous 11:08,

Always treat your customers the way you would like to be treated yourself. It's the arrogant people who think they can do whatever they want, especially those who abuse their customers, who fail.

I can't tell you of ONE person that enjoys ther pop up ads and so forth but you know what, it gets them more page views and that's what they sell their customers on.

I think it's a crappy way to sell ads space but if their customers believe they're getting more bang for their buck, they're stupid. Again, wouldn't you rather visit a Site that has less pop up ads and even less ads period than go to a site that has you click here, go there, more here and so forth and so on?

Anonymous said...

11:01 a.m.
Newspapers are great for cleaning windows! Unlike paper towels, they leave no lint or streaks!

Anonymous said...

My mother-in-law showed me copy of the paper from last Thursday with the article about the Sheriff and Ms. Pusey in Somerset County. I could not believe my eyes when I saw the misspelling of Ms. Pusey's name. Right there in black and white was a serious misspelling of her last name. I'll leave the guess up to you as to how they spelled it.

Anonymous said...

Your wrong Joe. The Daily Time can do things you can't offer. The other day I was painting and I needed to put something down to catch the paint. I went and bought a bunch of Daily Times. (had to buy a bunck because it's so small) Can SBY news do that. lol

Anonymous said...

We are getting ready to eat the years first crabs and I got out the old pile of Daily Times papers my wife grabs from her parents and realized something, I have two choices here. Get a smaller table or get a roll of rosen paper. If it got any smaller you would have to lick the back of it and mail a letter.